Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there a major problem within the news media
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hermit of the Hills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:47 am
I grew up on ABC, and a lot of the things on the commercial channels seem incredibly lacking in comparison. They're just so friviolous so much of the time! Geh. I can't exactly put into words what I feel about 7 and 9's current affair shows but.... GEEEEH.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:06 pm
Hermit of the Hills
I grew up on ABC, and a lot of the things on the commercial channels seem incredibly lacking in comparison. They're just so friviolous so much of the time! Geh. I can't exactly put into words what I feel about 7 and 9's current affair shows but.... GEEEEH.

Excelenty put, hermit of the hills.  

neo-hippy

Arsenic Lace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:39 pm
current affair shows aren't real news, they are like the bold and beautiful of the news. Hence the sensationalism and dramatisation. (go spell check 4laugh )
Though I do agree that the news programs tend to be bias anyone, no matter what channel they are on. Unfortunatly even though they are sposed to be giving poeple the news, they are also survive on ratings, creating bias ect.

According to they current affairs, I should be the following:

Lazy
Getting pregnant again for the extra $50 p/wk to several fathers
Never want to get a job
(special thanks goes to mini who confirmed this for me a few wks ago)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:20 am
Let's just say that true objectivity is impossible.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Hermit of the Hills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:24 am
In regard to our current affairs shows bashing, or in regard to current affairs shows' presentation of stories?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:48 am
Hermit of the Hills

but when havin the choice between today tonight and current affair...ray has my vote...i feel like smackin the today tonight chick...with great story lines as "the truth about milk...its not as healthy as you think" and if i see another add for bloody d**k smith disguised as a story line i will scream...

i spend alot of my time watchin tv...half of this is taken up by news and current affairs...i must admit that ABC and SBS shows are the best for these shows...i mean seriously no offence 7,9 and 10...no one cares about which film "star" is sleeping with who,

the worst offender of all the networks for dodgy news is 7...  

weeping pixie

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:09 am
Hermit of the Hills
In regard to our current affairs shows bashing, or in regard to current affairs shows' presentation of stories?
I mean it generally. True objectivity can never be achieved. Let it be the News or History itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 pm
DNA_Guru
Hermit of the Hills
I mean it generally. True objectivity can never be achieved. Let it be the News or History itself.
Very true 3nodding . Bias is such a frustratingly integral characteristic of humanity, though I guess it does make things a lot more interesting. XP  

Hermit of the Hills

[drowning dollie day]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:10 pm
I was watching Comedy inc once and they had this really funny skit mocking the "Today" show and they had stories like "Is the main cause of dying living?"
It was sooo Funny rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:48 pm
I only watch channel ten

Gotta love channel ten! blaugh  

Essence of Crayon

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ozumou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:50 am
I read an article today about how the NSW Govt was banning Volunteer firefighters from speaking to the media and was only telling Media positive things about teh rural fire service.
Things have apparently gotten so bad that the Fireis are setting up a union.

Is this becasue the Media is such a big problem?

As for Parodies of News, I have been watching the CNNNN replays.
not as good as frontline, but still good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:33 am
I just like watching the World News on SBS at like 10:30 or 9:30 when it is on.

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas