Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Next Metal Gear game heads to Xbox 360!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 pm
I cant believe it! Sony takes another blow from one of their loyal third party support. I just cant believe it. I cant wait!

Heres the details:
Quote:
E3 2009: More Details on Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Written Monday, June 01, 2009 by James Parkin

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360 - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the system. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on the PlayStation 2 as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION 3.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Get to play as bad a** cyborg Raiden!?!? AWESOME!! I am pumped and will buy this game day one with any pre order incentives  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:00 pm
To tell you the truth, I'm mad. It's probably the fact that I have a PS3. I know the PS3 is failing right now, but Konami shouldn't just throw it to Microsoft like that. A good marketing move? Maybe. A good way to piss off fans that don't have Xbox 360? Definitely.

I can many bad things about Microsoft, but I don't want to be a troll. Just note this, the way you are talking makes this betrayal sound like a good thing. Though there are not many here, I know at least 2 diehard fans that would pretty much make you feel bad for even having a Xbox for that very reason.  

Harrison Richardson

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:16 pm
Well the game isnt 'exculsive' to the xbox. But the only reason why im happy, is that i can play a game that my friends play without having to get another console or bother them to use theirs. I never really got to play a metal gear game to the finish besides the very first one.

I would of loved to play MGS4, but MGS:Rising is the closest i will get. I used to be a fan of Sony myself, the PS2 non existent life span turned me away. Im not saying the ps3 console is terrible, its a amazing peice of hardware. You'll just have to wait for Sony to make it great as they say. At least you can say you have Rachet and Clank, God of War, and other Sony exclusives that i wish i can have/play 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:18 pm
Fieryblaze - What terrible things about Microsoft can you say? Also, what Konami should have done (and might be doing) is making the game for both systems. Though, if for whatever crazy reason they had to choose one or the other, why would you blame them for choosing the 360? With more money they can (hopefully) make better games in the future.

Tr0n - I think you meant the PS3's non existent life span? Because the PS2 is still kinda going...  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:01 pm
I tell you, even after I heard about Final Fantasy XIII going to the 360, I thought surely, surely they'd never let go of Metal Gear Solid. At least its not a rumor anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm
@Nit - I can say stuff like how it is rumored that they pay third party companies to only release on their system, but that is only a rumor. I was mainly saying that for show.

If they release for both, I don't mind that it's on the Xbox. The way the article says it, it seems like it is only for the Xbox, but I did some research and it looks like it will be only for Xbox.

I see what you mean that you would go for the company with more money, but they have released every Metal Gear Solid Game onto the PS3 for as long as I can remember. That's like ditching a good friend in hard times for a friend with more money.

@Tr0n - PS3 exclusives? There are 162 Xbox exclusives to 140 PS3 exclusives, so I think its pretty fair in quantity. I'm gonna list a few games that I would like to play that only released on Xbox just to compare.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Dead Rising
Beautiful Katamari
Ninja Gaiden 2
Halo 3
Saints Rows (Not number 2)

Thats about all that I can think of, but there are probably more.  

Harrison Richardson

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:43 pm
nitnit

Tr0n - I think you meant the PS3's non existent life span? Because the PS2 is still kinda going...

Im talking about how the PS2 stops working for a while. Doesnt play old gamers but it plays new ones. How it only plays selective dvds. And then one day it is just unplayable. Im pretty sure my family went thru 4-6 PS2's since its launch. After that i just got fed up with Sony. I have a friend that went thru 8 and is still a Sony fan and owns 2 PS3s neutral . I decided the next console generation that i would devote my cash to Microsoft or PCs, possibly both.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 pm
Fieryblaze - Rumored? No, microsoft does pay third party companies to release games only for their system. So does Sony (I thought sony paid off konami for MGS4?). So does Nintendo. So did EA with the official sports leagues It's called a marketing investment - if the game is a success, you make a big return, if it's a flop, well that's money wasted. Also, they've only released one metal gear game for the PS3... did you mean playstation in general? Well, they released MGS2 on the Xbox as well, and MGS1 remade for the Gamecube, and the original metal gear games for the NES (probably missing some stuff too)

Tr0n - Oh, I bought a PS2 after the year 2005 I think, so mine never had any problems, ever. Same with my 360 since I bought it after 2009. Or my gamecube I bought on release. Or maybe I just take care of my systems? lulz  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:14 am
I dont know what your talking about. I take care of my console like if i gave birth to it. The PS2 just failed for me. And Sony is known for their products superb product and their 5 year failure rate. There are many stories of people having a sony product for around a 5 year time period to just stop working.

As for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Beautiful Katamari, the PS3 are getting those added to there library.

Ninja Gaiden 2 will be renamed Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. With 2 added playable characters. The chick with purple hair from Dead or Alive series and a chick from Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword for the DS. Also, the graphics will be enhanced and will look more prettier than before.

There will be a new katamari game just for the PS3, using the siaxis control. I dont remember the name but i do know its a PS3 exclusive. For my sakes hopefully not.

Right now, i think the new trend is... "Take Mircosofts offer to making a title exclusive, then 7-8 months down the line develop it for the PS3."
Yup yup 3nodding thats the way i see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 am
I dropped my ps2 and it broke; it's poorly made. Totally not my fault.

This is hardly betrayal. This is simply an alternate game to garner new fans and increase interest in the MG series and the ps3 as a whole. It's obvious that the series will continue on its home platform and that this game would have never had been made if it was not based on the 360.

You should be happy that they are going to be able to increase the interest in one of your favorite series, Fiery.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:47 pm
The only problem I've heard of the PS2 having is the lens cap melting off if you watch DVDs for 24 hours straight. Other than that, can you please illuminate what plagued all of these PS2s..? I'm actually more curious than anything right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm
@ Nitnit - Well, you got me with the paying. I was really just feeling bitchy when I made that post and I had to come up with something to back it up. I should have looked into it before posting. neutral

I meant Metal Gear Solid on Playstation in general. I really did not know about those two since I never really bought an Xbox since I thought it was a piece of crap at the time. I was talking about the Metal Gear Solid games, not the original Metal Gear games.

I really have no business in here anymore.  

Harrison Richardson

Retarded_Mike_17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 am
I am glad that more people get to play metal gear solid however i have a hard time seeing it as a blow to sony. I mean we got bioshock 1 and 2, , mass effect 2, lost planet 2, enternal sonta, castle chrasher has been anounced for the PS3, Dead rising 2, and i am pretty sure more will. However im just glad that more people get to play A+ titles.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:43 pm
Retarded_Mike_17
I am glad that more people get to play metal gear solid however i have a hard time seeing it as a blow to sony. I mean we got bioshock 1 and 2, , mass effect 2, lost planet 2, enternal sonta, castle chrasher has been anounced for the PS3, Dead rising 2, and i am pretty sure more will. However im just glad that more people get to play A+ titles.

Well if you think about it, all the good A+ titles get launched on the 360 first and in 1 or 2 years they are ported onto the PS3. If you waited until they were released on the PS3 and compare the to the 360 prices at that current time which would you rather buy? 60 or 20-30 dollar game?

Also DLC is following this trend to via Fallout 3.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces