O_o
  gralb
View Results

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 pm
just thought id point out some the spoof/paradoy items in the screen shot on the announcement page:
User Image

they are, starting with the avi, a disguised spy, then, starting at the top of the bottom half (after the little line) and then going down and to the right, then down, then up to the left, the Pyro's Flamethrower, Medic's Syringe Gun, Spy's Sapper (disables buildables made by engineers, watch Meet the Spy, though Sappers are actually attached to the buildable, not slid along the ground like in the video), Heavy Weapons Guy's (just referred to as Heavy) Minigun (Sasha?), and finally the Sniper's SMG

all of them are from Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

yesh, i iz nerd @.@

also, vids fer teh funnah:

Meet the Spy WARNING!!!! VIOLENT/GRAPHIC (someone gets their head blown up, while the camera's doing a close up of that character, also, raus is German for out and translated, the spy at the end says "My little cauliflower." O.o closest english translation is my darling/my sweetheart/etc.)

Meet the Sniper WARNING!!! GRAPHIC! at least for one part

Meet the Solider HD is SUPA HD (widescreen HD, takes forever to buffer and chokes if you dont let it buffer the entire f***ing thing before watching it, in SUPA HD that is)

Meet the Demoman very funnah (also, black scottish cyclops FOR. THE. WIN.) also, lotsa gibs (body parts, usually when someone gets blown up)

Meet the Scout funnah, not too violent

Meet the Sandvich (Sandvich is an item the Heavy can get that lets him get more health, but at the cost of his shotgun, he also tends to talk to it, which is why Sandvich gets it's own video)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 pm
I also spot Ed from Cowboy Bebop, a cheap Gundam cardboard box from a transformer picture I've seen, a rip-off of Bleach, Star Trek, Sailor Moon and what I think is... grah! I know it! That avatar next to the Sailor Moon one... from some anime...
Oh well. It'll come to me. >.<
Oh, and underneath the schoolgirl and Star Trek guy is what looks like someone who'd be a Dungeons and Dragons fan.

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:40 pm
The one next to Sailor Moon is Haruhi Suzumiya from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I think Death got all the other ones I saw though.

For some reason I still really like the girl with the desu hearts though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:46 pm
I hadn't noticed that a couple of the items looked like the Medic's syringe gun and the Spy's sapper. They're from the Spacefleet Tech item, so I think they're supposed to be Star Trek based. That may have prevented me from seeing it before. I see the resemblance now.

There's also one last "Meet the Team" video that wasn't posted.
Meet the Engineer: It's not that funny, though.

Some other reference items (not pictured) are
Black Album: I think it's based on Death Note.
Keytar Blade: Obviously Kingdom Hearts.
Onyx Bolster Sword: Cloud's over-sized sword.
Orinkage: Some Naruto character, I think.
Spacefleet Wigs, Klaxon Wig and Spacefleet Wigs: Second Generation: More Star Trek.

If anyone wants to look for any references I missed, the list of items is here.

Death Shikaku
and what I think is... grah! I know it! That avatar next to the Sailor Moon one... from some anime...
Oh well. It'll come to me. >.<

Haruhi Suzumiya.

Edit: Dang it. Zizzy beat me.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:55 pm
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I remember it now.
Right when I was going to click this thread, the last person to post was Zizzy. Once I started scrolling down, I was like, "Uh... was there a glitch or something?"
But then I saw the time you posted it. About a couple seconds after I click you must've posted. eek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:57 pm
Haha, I win this round!

And Jesus, this is why I don't like cash shop items. If I want Gaia-tan, the item I like, then I need 1.6mil.
It's also a rip off since if I want her and the hearts, I'll need two of the items, which I think is bs.

I think cash shop items just threw Gaia's economy off so badly. It's like the wealth distribution in the Great Depression, I swear.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:04 pm
Tell me about it.
I HATE the Gaia Cash shop. Well, I wouldn't hate it if they didn't make every goddamn item there. I mean, seriously, the new items they make for normal Gaia shops are nice, but aren't as cool and/or detailed as cash shop items. It is bull. I liked the old Gaia before the cash shop...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:07 pm
I don't like the cash shop, either. On top of the crazy prices, Gaia keeps making items for the cash shop that could be used as monthly collectibles that don't suck.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Seriously, I wonder if I'd get banned if I made an anti-cash shop guild since the cash shops seems to be their pride and joy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm
heart i so love them all.. wish i had cash to buy them though  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash