Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Nitnit's Quick Review List MKI

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:37 am
I've decided that I'm going to make a quick little list of games I've played in the past year or so and give a brief score/couple line overview.

NOTE: I score with 5 being average. So if you see a game with a 5 or a 6, this game isn't bad, it just isn't that great either.

Resident Evil 5 - 7.5 (Good) - The Resident Evil series returns prettier than ever, but any genuine fear experienced in the older installments is replaced with the thrill of shooting hordes of weird monsters. Possibly the prettiest game on the 360, but weird controls, short campaign, and silly story bar this game from greatness.

Fallout 3 - 8.0 (Great) - Solid action RPG. Fallout 3 delivers a beautiful, but drab, world of post apocalyptic Washington DC. IMO avoid the DLCs except Broken Steel, and be prepared to suspend your sense of reality and common sense to truly enjoy this game. (oh and if you're a fan of the old games, forget that it's fallout too)

Street Fighter 4 - 8.5 (Awesome) - Arguably the best fighting game out right now, SF4 brings a solid online mode, most of the original SF cast, and brings the classic game series to glory once again. A must own for "hardcore" fighting fans

Banjo Kazooie - 9.5 (Genre Defining Masterpiece) - One of the greatest platformers of all time and overall great game of the N64 is available on XBLarcade. If you don't mind the dated graphics, Banjo Kazooie shows what great level design and fun gameplay can make out of a basic premise (collect items, lol).

More to come later!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm
Maybe a review subforum would be nice xD? I wouldnt mind making review posts myslef but yeah. I dont wanna clutter it up the main page.

Just something to think about 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:01 pm
*coughnewspapercough*

Sorry, had something stuck in my throat.

(Then again, it'll probably die yet again, unless we get this guild really active and get regular contributors.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 pm
I personally am more than ready to contribute. I love this guild!  

Dopahkiin

Lonely Conversationalist

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm
now now tron. just because you don't want to write up a review doesn't mean you have to lie and say that I'm cluttering the main page =P

In all seriousness, no one really goes in the subforums, do they? I don't mind people posting new stuff on the main forum, it makes the guild look more active  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:01 pm
Just wondering; is Akuma in SF4?  

Raike99

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:13 am
Yup  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers