Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
Sims 3 Genetics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:41 am
So, what are they like? I don't own Sims 3 and can't see myself getting it for quite a long time because my machine isn't good enough to run it.

I've actually heard a lot of bad stuff about the genetics in Sims 3. Things like the facial blending being really bad if a girl gets the father's features or that if you 'dye' a Sim's hair before they give birth that the child will inherit the 'dyed' hair instead of the natural colour.

Anyone care to discuss?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Really? D:

I have it (I was suprised my comp could take it) and I've only had one baby so far (I sim I made), and one on the way (It's Bella Bachelor's-soon to be Bella Goth. >w<) And the babies I have aren't toddlers yet. D':

Madly questing for a Coco. Any donations would be loved

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Fairee Lumineuse

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Yeah, that's true, if you change their hair color, that'll be their "natural" hair color, so that's what the baby'll get. I don't know what you mean by the blending thing though, I've only had one sim have a baby yet, nd it's been a boy.. sooo.. yeah.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:39 pm

That's stupid D:<
I remember one time one of my sims married a townie and he was fugly, so I used the plastic surgery thing and their child looked like the guy before surgery. It was kind of weird.

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 pm
In Sims 2 the plastic surgery didn't alter genetic appearance so children would still inherit the original look.

Apparently with the face blending if you have a guy with a really square, masculine jaw or big bushy eyebrows and they have a daughter, it is possible for her to inherit the dad's really big bushy eyebrows and square face. In Sims 2 the game would tone the features down to be more femenine.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:13 pm
Eh. Hopefully enough people will complain about it and it'll get patched soon.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mermelia

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:25 pm
ive heard that the expansion pack for it is out in november, it most likely will have things in it that will fix some of its problems...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 pm
I'll get around to posting pics sometime next week... I've played around with the genetics in CAS but haven't really noticed anything that horrible. And you can change the hair if it's really that big of a deal..... *shrugs*  

Chef Tine

The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff