stuntboy92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm
Martyr_of_Death
Scars-of-an-Undead
Tsukasa Wave
Martyr_of_Death
Tsukasa Wave
no one gets it do they the game is basesd of the 40s-50s
look at the items,the cars,weapons,food drinks,radios,vaults (just big bomb shelters)
the game would look dum with 40s-50s stuff and 21st century music
and its like you dont have to lissin to it ever

oh and my fav song is I'm Tickled Pink
It's called retro-futurism, at 1949 The Fallout Universe Timeline split with our real world time line. Where as we had ideas but regulated and cowered back from radiation in the 50's they harnassed it and used its power and etc. They apaprently just started to come out with TVs when the bombs fell (Oct 23, 2077) So its essentially the world never culturally left the 1940's-50's dress and mannerisms. Which I wish the same for today ._.

Mine is either Lets Go Sunning, Swing Doors, or Boogie Man, or maybe IDWTSTWOF.

i wish that was still same to day to oh and they had tvs in the 40s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television

The bombs fell in the 40s. Both you and him are correct with that statement. In this alternate timeline though, the TVs were just released in the mid-70s (2070s I mean).
No dude. The bombs fell in 2077. Its just the united states did not have counterculture and the like happen. So we kept the mannerisms and music of the 1940s up until Oct 23 2077 when the bombs fell. Alternate timeline than ours. gotta be a MAJOR fan to understand it.

yep it wouldnt make sense if it was in the 40's because then wtf where did all this technology come from?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm
Martyr_of_Death
Scars-of-an-Undead
Tsukasa Wave
Martyr_of_Death
Tsukasa Wave
no one gets it do they the game is basesd of the 40s-50s
look at the items,the cars,weapons,food drinks,radios,vaults (just big bomb shelters)
the game would look dum with 40s-50s stuff and 21st century music
and its like you dont have to lissin to it ever

oh and my fav song is I'm Tickled Pink
It's called retro-futurism, at 1949 The Fallout Universe Timeline split with our real world time line. Where as we had ideas but regulated and cowered back from radiation in the 50's they harnassed it and used its power and etc. They apaprently just started to come out with TVs when the bombs fell (Oct 23, 2077) So its essentially the world never culturally left the 1940's-50's dress and mannerisms. Which I wish the same for today ._.

Mine is either Lets Go Sunning, Swing Doors, or Boogie Man, or maybe IDWTSTWOF.

i wish that was still same to day to oh and they had tvs in the 40s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television

The bombs fell in the 40s. Both you and him are correct with that statement. In this alternate timeline though, the TVs were just released in the mid-70s (2070s I mean).
No dude. The bombs fell in 2077. Its just the united states did not have counterculture and the like happen. So we kept the mannerisms and music of the 1940s up until Oct 23 2077 when the bombs fell. Alternate timeline than ours. gotta be a MAJOR fan to understand it.

Oh I know they didn't fall in the 40s in this game. I was talking about actual WWII history, when the bombs fell in Japan (Guess I should've stated RL history before hand. My bad. :S ) And I recall reading somewhere they restored back to 40s and 50's art styles because of media trends. It happens today where we see people bringing back old ideas and renewing them to make it seem like something new and special. It would make absolutely no sense for them to keep the same genres and art styles for more than a century.  

Scars-of-an-Undead

Friendly Camper

stuntboy92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:42 pm
40's 50's look give me the creeps well after i saw the stepford wives constantly smiling is creepy talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:38 pm
I like the artworks in the 40s and 50s. 3nodding
Those constantly smiling wives can be pretty creepy though XD
Call me weird but I'm amused with their permanently plastered smiles. :B  

Scars-of-an-Undead

Friendly Camper

Little Hatsuko

Romantic Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 am
"Anything Goes" and "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire." GNR is by far my favorite station. Nothing better then killing a SM Behemoth while listening to The Ink Spots.

rofl  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces