Will you help me out?
  Yes
  Noppers
  Mai-b
  GTFO!!!
View Results

XxShal-NafaarxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:54 am
Hi i'm a new Fur i just wanna know about things like fursona ans stuff like that.i have seen other posts but its a little hectic for my taste. i rather have something i can ease into if anyone has a website or something that could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. sweatdrop

Thanks, Shal  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:50 am
What is it you would like you know?  

Selene Aries

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:56 am
Well for creating a fursona, really it's just about letting your imagination run wild. As for visual reference for your description you could turn to fchan or even create your own using the links in the Fursona Creator thread. Or you could pay a fairly ridiculous amount to gaia's "artists," for a more dsitinct and unique picture.

As for your fursona description, really you could just...

"Hi, my name is Johnny Taco and my fursona is a lion/elephant named bob he has 8 and a half legs with red polka dots on his ears and is blue everywhere else."

Then Johnny Taco might want to find a visual reference for it.
Like so.
User Image

There you have it. There's Johnny Taco's fursona. At least thats from what I understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:29 pm
that makes sense, and i wouldnt mind learning evertyhing to get me on my feet say the basics?  

XxShal-NafaarxX

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 pm
Well I never OFFICIALLY made a fursona, but I know the basics, you can go for color, height, weight, skills, personality (I,E shy, tempermental etc.), type (IE lion, tiger, bear, wolf, fox, mantis, frog, domestic cat, cougar, etc.), and then clothes. You may even say what your character likes. "Oh he likes doughnuts and long sits on the toilet." or something like that.

I haven't made a fursona yet because I haven't looked much into the guild's roleplay subforum yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:54 pm
What exactly would you like to know? What "furry" is? How to create a fursona? If it's the latter, I would suggest thinking about what animals are special/important to you and why, and going from there. 3nodding  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 pm
If it tastes good it might be bad for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Heh, so example.
Name: Shal
Race: Elf/Canine
Height: 6.3
Dislikes: Being Shown up, interruptions while in meditation.

Parents: Deceased in a Genocide against mixed race.
Family: Unknown
Birthplace: Unknown

Hopes to one day know the nature of his parents and seek revenge on those who caused them pain, so they may rest at ease.

His body is scared from years of physical abuse by his foster families. He keeps his head low at all times. His motions are stern but elegant. His posture shows he has suffered.

Good so far?
oh yeh my Avi is my Char biggrin  

XxShal-NafaarxX

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:35 pm
Teh Zombiefodder
Heh, so example.
Name: Shal
Race: Elf/Canine
Height: 6.3
Dislikes: Being Shown up, interruptions while in meditation.

Parents: Deceased in a Genocide against mixed race.
Family: Unknown
Birthplace: Unknown

Hopes to one day know the nature of his parents and seek revenge on those who caused them pain, so they may rest at ease.

His body is scared from years of physical abuse by his foster families. He keeps his head low at all times. His motions are stern but elegant. His posture shows he has suffered.

Good so far?
oh yeh my Avi is my Char biggrin

Perfect. You'd have no problem role playing in an active role play thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:37 am
If you're over 18, check out the Furry Sanctuary / Yiff! website for an intro to furries. Nice folks there and lots of good information.  

RiverLight

XxShal-NafaarxX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:14 am
Thanks all if there is anything else that wasn't covered feel free to post biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 pm
My thread over here was basically the same thing:3

I kinda found it hard to ease into it. I'm still working at it, actually, but its a hair thats stuck up me.

I think the best advice I can give is go what you feel is natural. Afterall, for me at least, its all about being natural.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces