Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Haunted Lighthouse Statuette?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

STLeeJay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:20 pm
Okay. Something really spooky just happened to my mother and I only a few moments ago. I thought I'd post about it.

In the washroom on the main level of the house, there's a small lighthouse statuette that blinks when switched on, sitting on the window ledge. Now, my mother was in that washroom not long ago, and the lighthouse was just sitting there doing nothing. But a few moments after, I went into the same washroom, and the lighthouse statuette was blinking. The only people in the house, right now, are me and my mother. Neither of us turned the lighthouse statuette on, nor recall seeing it blinking the moments before now.

What's really spooky about this is the fact that today is Rememberance Day, and my Maternal Grandfather, who died Christmas Day 1997, was a Veteran. Not to mention his birthday is only in a few more days on Nov. 15th. It is our belief that my Grandfather's spirit turned on the lighthouse statuette to let us know he's watching over us.

Why a lighthouse? My mother has a deep love for lighthouses. Some kind of Christian story of sorts behind it. Anyways... Yeah... Really spooky. Tell me what you guys think of this paranormal happening.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:53 pm
It would definately appear to be someone trying to make contact. The fact that it's your mother's father, and her deep love of light houses makes sense. It's his way of getting her attention in a personal way. Perhaps he too shared her affinity for light houses.

I had a brush today with a coupl eof passed relatives, both of whom died before I was born and both of whom were veterans (both of my maternal great grandfathers). It was only fitting that I felt them today while I was at the loacal Remembrance Day service with friends from school.

With Samhain still only two weeks ago, the veil is still thinner than usual, which makes this still a liminal time and provides easier access between the worlds, especially for spirits as determined as veterans.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:09 pm
That is a such a great experience, Falador! I'd completely agree with you that your maternal grandfather was paying you a visit. Electricity is pure energy and very easy for ghosts and other spirits to manipulate and by turning on the lighthoues like that, you knew who it was right away and it would be something you would notice, unlike say,just a random flicker of the kitchen lights.

"At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:23 pm
Not to make light of your story, (oops, I just realized that pun), but the title of the thread reminded me of a Thomas Kincade sculpture...  

Miss_Spell

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff