Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
Asexual Reproduction???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:50 am
So I created this sim and moved him into a lot, with the intention of marrying him off to my active sim. And a couple days go by, and I read in the newspaper something to the effect of, "Twins are born! They're resting at home...blah, blah, blah." With the last name of the twins the same as the guy. But the guy wasn't married or anything, and when I eventually did have him marry my sim, the children didn't appear to have any mother on their family-tree.
Now, I don't know if he simply adopted them (he is a "family-oriented
sim), but why would the newspaper read "Twins are born!" and what's even weirder is they look like him.

So.... I know there was such thing as alien babies in Sims 2, but what happened to this guy was just plain asexual reproduction....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:08 pm
XD Wierd but cool!  

Chef Tine

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm
This is an issue/bug/feature that has been discussed for far too long over at MATY. So many people were syaing how single Sims with no romantic interactions were 'giving birth' to babies with no mother in the family tree that grew up to look like copies.

If you want to do something about it then visit moreawesomethanyou and search for 'AwesomeMod'. It is designed to fix the annoyances with Story Progression, making most features optional, and can prevent the spawning of random baby clones.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:21 am
Thanks Menaceman, although I don't know if it's annoying enough for me to fix (yet). I just found the glitch kind of funny....
What's really annoying is the disappearing trait glitch.... stare My sims keep having children who don't gain another trait when they grow up; bothersome and annoying that is.  

LinkGirl

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 am
I've read that happens when a certain panel is open when choosing the new trait/s. Can't remember which though and I don't actually have the game to test it. I have a feeling it's the personality panel or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 pm
LinkGirl
Thanks Menaceman, although I don't know if it's annoying enough for me to fix (yet). I just found the glitch kind of funny....
What's really annoying is the disappearing trait glitch.... stare My sims keep having children who don't gain another trait when they grow up; bothersome and annoying that is.

I've got that same glitch! It's so frustrating!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 pm
I'm very glad this happens to me, but I haven't probably experienced it because I don't keep more than one family in each neighborhood, just because of the aging part of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 pm
LOL, BUDDING. rofl  

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 am
Wow, thats pretty dang cool.

Its like a sims 3 version of CINECAM baby!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:06 am
Menaceman
This is an issue/bug/feature that has been discussed for far too long over at MATY. So many people were syaing how single Sims with no romantic interactions were 'giving birth' to babies with no mother in the family tree that grew up to look like copies.

If you want to do something about it then visit moreawesomethanyou and search for 'AwesomeMod'. It is designed to fix the annoyances with Story Progression, making most features optional, and can prevent the spawning of random baby clones.

Are you saying my MALE Sim can give birth now? neutral If he's single? o.o  

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items