Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Prince Fan Club Guild

Back to Guilds

This is the spot for Prince fans to hang out, discuss his music, movies, clothing, videos, news and much much more! 

Tags: Prince, Purple Rain, The Artist, When Doves Cry, Under the Cherry Moon 

Reply The Prince Fan Club Guild
What do you think of Prince's choice in religion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DJ LAZA
Captain

Hilarious Millionaire

9,375 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am
As we all know, Prince converted to be a Jehovah's Witness a few years back and this has changed how he acts and everything. You can tell from his new songs and live performances that he is different.... no more swearing in new songs... blocking out the bad parts when he plays the songs live... apparently he is now against gays, and more bad things.

A lot of people say he made a bad move converting but I think he has the right to practice whatever religion he wants.... it's just sad that he has changed from it.

What's funny and interesting though is that apparently Prince actually does go door to door in Minneapolis, trying to spread the Jehovah faith with those watchtower books. People have claimed that they will open their door and Prince will be standing there with the books, trying to preach his faith.... pretty weird.

Well anyways, what do you think about this move?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm
He has not given up on his musical life so He has changed some but to make it work he must keep his true fans in mind.

I was once involved with Jehovah Witnesses( no longer a member of that Faith) I am on a different Spiritual level one I could not achieve with their
teachings. As long as it works for him I say be happy Prince.  

Shelby the Monkeygirl

the man from mars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:15 am
I think it's up to him what his religion is, it's just too bad he chose one that affects his music/performance... but I won't complain because it's his life! His fans don't control him. And anyway, I'm not sure how long he'll stick with JW... It's pretty warped and sometimes takes people a while to realize it. ( I have friends who used to be JW and they have plenty of stories D: )

Also, I don't think he's against gay marriage? I think he was misquoted.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:00 am
DJ LAZA
As we all know, Prince converted to be a Jehovah's Witness a few years back and this has changed how he acts and everything. You can tell from his new songs and live performances that he is different.... no more swearing in new songs... blocking out the bad parts when he plays the songs live... apparently he is now against gays, and more bad things.

A lot of people say he made a bad move converting but I think he has the right to practice whatever religion he wants.... it's just sad that he has changed from it.

What's funny and interesting though is that apparently Prince actually does go door to door in Minneapolis, trying to spread the Jehovah faith with those watchtower books. People have claimed that they will open their door and Prince will be standing there with the books, trying to preach his faith.... pretty weird.

Well anyways, what do you think about this move?

I really don't care what religon he is....however if he showed up at more door I would probably spazz out.  

Blank Starlight

Ishachanmeow

Headstrong Bookworm

19,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:12 am
As long as he is happy, idc... Its one of the freedoms that everyone has. He would prolly be the only one I'd let in to chat razz Unfortunately, the reason I started liking him was that he was sooo open~  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:25 pm
Wow, it's fine that he changed, it's his choice.
but his new faith is perventing him to get Hip surgery.
He needs both of hips to be replaced.
But he refuse because of his faith, he is banned from receiving Blood.
<._.> and he is in dire pain.

darklovepanda

1,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Glambert Angel Lee Depp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 pm
I don't care, but now I understand why I have drifted from most of the new music, and stick with the old stuff. His performances on the late night shows are good, but kinda boring b/c he plays the guitar but he doesn't move around anymore. But, I do believe he did have the hip surgery last yeat. So, now at concerts, are you saying he won't play stuff like Darling Nikki and he won't dance? WTF, half of the reason to go is the dancing, and the other half is the music that stands out from other songs!!! Well, I would go anyway, but there goes another concert to go crazy over. First, Michael Jackson dies b/f I am old enough to go and now Prince has become plainer. It also ironic that he switched to Jehovah considering that's the religion Michael left. mad  
The Prince Fan Club Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games