Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply General Chit-chat
Damn weather grrrrrrrrr

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Today marks almost 9 day straight of rain for most of northern new jersey, it reall is pissing me off. North new jersey is mostly swamp and clay so with this much rain that means you sink in the mud and can lose a shoe(luckly I wear boots). Most of the good geocaches are near these areas so it is june and I have not been able to geocache yet really this month. Anyone else have weather or terrain problems like me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 pm
For me up here, it's the snow. Where I live the weather is known for being very unpredicable. We will have on and off snow (meaning lots of melting and ice forming) from late semptember to sometimes as late as mid may. especially when it forms the ice-crystal type snow from freezing and thawing, it's impossible to cache.  

lightning_fall

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am
Rain is my favorite geocaching weather. It's like muggle repellent so I can cache in peace with no one spotting me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 pm
I am not a fan of caching in the cold. Though here in Ohio the weather is weird and now it's super cold. But I think like the light rain is good for muggle repellent, but attracts Mosquitos  

7raindrops

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:58 pm
The cold was good for my caching yesterday except for a few die hard old guys who just had to be sitting out and chatting for a couple hours. Luckily they stayed at their picnic table and didn't try to find out what I was doing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 am
I am really hate being in New Jersey. First we have almost no stop snow and now none stop rain. I do not know if any one is following the news but we have flood warnings hear. Most trails are currently blocked off now and the way things are looking some trails might be washed away. I just want to hit the trails and start Caching already.  

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

7raindrops

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:11 am
Dude it's been so hot here in Ohio. Like about 110 with humidity. My boyfriend and I have been having to do night caching and you can really only do urban with that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:49 am
The weather in Latvia isnt all that good now...it's raining non-stop so no geocaching for Latvians.... ; ^ ;

Like Feliks

General Chit-chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff