Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
FFXIV: Pay to play or free to play?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited about FFXIV?
  Yes!
  Meh... a bit
  No!
View Results

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 am
Take what you can...

Personally I'm pretty excited about this game as it's an MMORPG. I've never played Final Fantasy XI so it's all new to me, but I am familiar with the Final Fantasy franchise.

But I really hope this game isn't going to be pay to play. If it will be, they can shove it up their asses as I'm NOT going to pay for both the game AND the monthly subscription fee. What are your thoughts about it? I think Square Enix can get many more players (and of course more money) if they let people pay for the game only. But maybe I'll just wait for a private server to pop up and play there.

But aside from that, I'm pretty curious about the playable races in this game. I hope they include the tribes from the Crystal Chronicles games because I love the Selkie and Yuke tribe. But if that's not going to happen, then I'll just make myself a Viera or something.

...Give nothing back

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:18 am
I always liked Selkies, especially their racket-like weapons; they hit pretty good in close-range and far-range. Yukes are awesome, too; their physical appearance reminds me of the Artificial Heartless.

Anyways, I think that Final Fantasy XIV might become an improvement over Final Fantasy XI, with more beautiful scenery, epic online battle system, cooler and fiercer monsters, incredible special effects (magic, explosions, phenomena...). I just hope that it's not P2P (Pay-2-Play).  

Volkenheim

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff