Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
What do you like about sims 3?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Humming Desire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 pm
I love how we can change so much! I have made some intrasting hair color and mixes, some GREAT eyes. I like the kitty hat thing. Its adorable, and still capeble of changing the color. heart Sorry sim orgasim. >_<

Ahem... so I like how we can put furniture in the corner. made a HUGE differnence in pics. Some of them look better, I don't have it on my computer right now but there still so neat!

I love sims 3, to bad no pets yet. I hope it comes soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:44 pm
I like the age progression, going to enjoy it even more as my Legacy grows up so that way I don't feel weird with great-great-great cousins who are younger then the heir.

I love the traits (klepto ftw)

I love the jobs and opportunities

I love toddlers and progressional pregnancy with hospital!  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

LinkGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 pm
So many colors! biggrin
That's probably the one thing that's making it hard to go back to Sims 2, is how you can make literally almost any colored clothes you want. Makes me happy. x3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm
I like the color your world option. I also have been having fun with gardening.

I love exploring catacombs.. if you're ever bored with your sim. send them there... every so often they give you bubbles about how the adventure is going. I've had one time a sim run into a bear and get attacked.. had another one fall down a wall and break her leg. real interesting stuff happens in the graveyard...

i also really like fishing biggrin

funny how hte daredevils do everything EXTREME. example: EXTREME DINNER, EXTREME SLEEP, EXTREME SHOWER.. and i've been told if they are evil, it's kind of the same... shower evil etc  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Humming Desire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:08 am
I wish there were more gardening tools. It feels like it was lowered quit allot.

But the cat hats make it up lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:02 pm
I like the throwing parties options. You can set the time, you can even pick a venue. And when one sim is invited, they will naturally invite their spouse. That was a nice little surprise.  

Banana-nana

doggyniisan

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:06 am
i heart it that there are no loading screens and that you must go into town for your work, stores, visiting family or friends and that you can share the items that you costumized  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 pm

Being able to go everywhere with no loading screens. And the short loading time.
heart

And exploring the moodlets. It's so fun to discover them all!

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm
I love that I can stock the fishbowl with fish I catch myself. I don't know why, but that strikes me as totally awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 am
Thanks for posting all this stuff about Sims 3. I haven't even played it yet, but I was curious about how it was any better. I'm sure I'm getting it now!  

CelticCatGoddess

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:39 pm
the only improvement i see is the new create a sim. i really enjoy the new hair and clothing options.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:45 am
I like being able to change how long they live.

And I definitely like the new job promotion system.
It was really annoying to have to make my sims read forever to get promoted at work. Especially since most of the skills did not match the job description.
I like all of the clothing options and being able to change your outfit whenever you want instead of going to a store.

I like that the prices are (for the most part) more realistic and it's more of a challenge to get a lot of money.
I have Sims 2 families with really nice houses that can hardly be improved and over $150k.

I kind of miss the weather. But I don't really have a great computer and I could never see the snow.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:06 am
Uploading things you make!

The most important thing is being able to save your sims to bin.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:23 pm
I really dig the open neighborhood. Now my sims can get to know who lives next door, their kids can meet and grow up with other kids from the hood, fall in love with boy/girl next door and getting married and moving out. And when they do move out, I can play as them and watch from afar on how their parents are doing, sometimes visiting them and bringing along their grandchildren, or inviting them all to the bistro to eat together etc. The possibilities are endless!

Apart from that, I really LOVE:

Create-A-Style. This is super HUGE. In previous sims you need to clone or recolor all those s**t which involves many importing and exporting and all that s**t.

Traits. These gives our sims depth and I can now take a look at their traits to determine what they should be, who they should be with etc.

Professions (for those with Ambitions). Now in every house that I play, I'll have 1 sims with professions and the others can have regular jobs, so now I have things to do while waiting ALL my sims to return to work, by playing the professions.  

SirEmino
Captain

The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces