Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Friends - On Gaia Or Not

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Complete the sentence- Friends...
  ...are awesome/amazing! :D
  ...can sometimes get on my nerves, but they're still cool. :)
  ...suck, I hate all my friends. :|
  ...should let me vote on this here poll so I can get money! >:D
View Results

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 pm
Okay, so I was just looking at my friend's list and just wondering about how my friends are doing, so I was going to private message them. Then it hit me-I have messaged them a long time ago, because all my friends and I used to talk all the time, all of a sudden they've disappeared. It sucks, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. It kinda makes me feel all sad, like when you haven't seen a friend because they've moved or what have you. Then that got me thinking: Have you ever thought about a long-time friend you haven't seen in a long time? Were you depressed or happy, or maybe both?

It reminds me of when I my friend, Kyle, used to go to school with me about eight years ago (yeah, I was nearly seven) and we were best friends. When I was about ten, he moved. Which sucked. He didn't even know himself, they just switched schools then got everything ready over Winter break. I still can't believe he's gone. That also reminds me of some love-story-type-thing but I doubt anyone here wants to hear that. XD So, in case you missed the question I'm asking above, here it is again: Have you ever thought about a long-time friend you haven't seen in a long time? Were you depressed or happy, or maybe both?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:04 pm
I haven't seen my best friend from Elementary School in a looooooong time. I have no idea who he is or what he is like now. It's kind of sad, but I have a great group of friends right now. Most of them left for a road trip to Wisconsin today, though.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Docxime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 pm
i didnt talk to loads of my friends for ages, i didnt like this so i sent them a messege and now we chat often.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:38 pm
I have a lot of friends I've gone out fo contact with. but it's nice to pick up every now and again. facebook is a great thing for that stuff. I think teh porblem with me is I tend to move on quite easily 0o Not exactly a great characteristic, but makes levaing school and stuff less traumatic XD I do miss people though  

dragontamer363
Crew

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:09 pm
There is this one...I haven't talked to her in forever. We used to be best friends, but she moves a lot. I've only moved once my entire life and she's moved at least 10 times. Every time she moves she gets further away The last time we talked she lived two hours away and her family was thinking about moving again. We communicated through Gaia(we couldn't talk on the phone that often because it counts as long distance and kept running up the phone bill) but she hasn't been online in almost a year.
Her mom just contacted mine on Facebook, though. Maybe we'll get to see each other again in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:56 pm
I do remember sometimes. It makes me sad. Like when I think about two friends in particular. One I knew since we were little kids in elementary school throughout even high school we were super close...at the last few months of high school somehow at the end we split up and lost contact...
Then there's another friend that I knew very well since middle school. We'd always meet up before class in the halls and even stay after school or go over one anothers' house to hang out. But again, after high school I somehow lost contact with her too. I think she might have gone back to china.

It's sad. Practically all my other friends I lost contact with after high school. Only a small few I managed to keep touch of. Those of which I'm glad to still have. ^_^

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

saint aero

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm
I've had that nostalgia before on Gaia and IRL.

I moved to a new school recently, and I barely get to see my old friends. Not only that, but on places like Gaia, I realize that the people are gone. Forever.

That's really sad, especially because there's no way I can contact them. I get those "it's your friends' birthdays!" messages from Gaia, but I don't bother to give half of them presents because they don't get online anymore.

Pretty sad. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm
It's odd....I don't really miss many of my high school friends. Maybe because I never really felt that attached to them since our interests often greatly differed-it made me feel out of place.

There were a few though.

Outside Gaia....

Marie-who moved back to Japan while I was still in high school. We emailed for a while but then she stopped responding.

Bethany-who I adored. She moved away after sophomore year in high school. I wrote her letters, but never wrote back. Once and a while I would get an email with her thanking me for the letters apologizing for lack of response.

Kristen, Emily, and Hayley-We still get together a couple times in the summer and then once during our winter breaks.

Megan-The response between us died slowly after she graduated high school (she was a year above me). Then she got married-which I did get to go to the wedding reception. Wasn't invited to the actual wedding though.... confused ......which I designed the invitations for.... After she had a baby we had little to no contact. Until today-I checked my email and found one from her-with her new email address....and that she's divorced now. sad I'm going to try and revive our friendship.

There are other people who I wonder about when I come across their name on facebook and occasionally send a 'hello' Perhaps I write some big long letter to the, sometime and tagged them all so they go read it.

On Gaia....

I mostly just talk to you peoples here at the guild-and I miss you when you disappear for days without warning. *puppy-dog eyes* I even worry sometimes and wonder if something bad happened ((like when Aqira disappeared for a while)).
Sometimes I wonder what you people would think if I suddenly stopped showing up without warning. Would you notice? Those in the RPG forum would I'm guessing...and Moonlight because then she wouldn't get her Skip Beat updates.......but what about the rest of you? O_o

Yllirion used to PM me a lot but not so much now. I'll have to try PM him sometime since when I try to go to his profile and comment it continues to tell me that his profile is not for public viewing.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:01 am
Most of my close friends are still with me now. And one or two of them who aren't we still keep in contact now and then(: So I dont really miss anyone._.
In Gaia, after my close friends left, there's only one or two of them remaining:/ And then I have this guild(:
So, in summary, I dont think I have missed anyone biggrin

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff