Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda goes four for four with point lookout!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:58 pm
Bethesda released its fourth DLC for the popular game Fallout 3 today. So far, tons of complaints have poured in on the forums saying that the game is crashing a lot, and has graphical issues on both the PC and 360.

This is the fourth DLC in a row with major bugs Bethesda has released. The first one Operation Anchorage had minor bugs, its predecessors have all had game crippling bugs upon release.

There you have it, cold hard objectional truth, Bethesda ******** up all of their DLC releases, lol.

To be fair though, they do usually fix most of the problems in a timely matter, still, people are paying a high price for these DLCs, they deserve to be able to play them upon purchase.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:55 am
You cant really blame Bethesda though, i mean they are trying to do big things with a average sized publisher/developer. They arent like Epic yet but i see that can happen pretty soon. Also, Bethesda isnt the only one to blame. I have to give some blame to Zenimax for not polishing off the content before putting it onto the market.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

XxScarecrowxX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 am
Wow, lol, good thing I didn't get it. The dl, I mean. Though, I kinda really wanted to... >>;;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 am
I got it and didn't experience a single problem. It was a decent DLC to me. The area reminded me alot of Shivering isles. Lack of new armour and weapons was disappointing.  

Razz-Berry 9

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:47 am
I'm just relaying what the bethesda forums had posted - lots of crashing. Anyways, yes, I do blame beth/zenemax (they're almost one big company), they have were able to dish out a few million for just the IP to fallout, but they can't get their DLCs to go smoothly at launch.

If you do want it, I'd recommend waiting like 3 days for them to fix it - they will, it's just kind of dumb that this keeps on happening.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:12 pm
Here's a summary from a review from Xbox360Achievements.org

Quote:
Point Lookout provides players with an expansive new area to explore, an intriguing new story, and several side-quests to extend the amount of play time in the new content, making this the biggest and longest expansion yet. The new achievements are solid, and its nice to have a higher level of difficulty, though it's too bad that few people are likely to use any of the new items. If you're a Fallout 3 fan looking for some new territory to explore, Point Lookout is most certainly for you.

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:42 pm
This is probably a much more accurate review than that site, and it's actually in favor of the DLC on most points

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=50949  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 am
That was just a summary paragraph of the review. I didnt think anyone would want to read the full review.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:15 pm
Oh, im just not a big fan of xbox360achievements.org 's reviews in general, usually they're not that great  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games