Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
'Hybrid' furries.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 am
Some of you may know, some may not, that many furries take as their fursona a character that's not just one animal but a mix of several.

I just wondered what people think about this. Do you have one yourself? Do you like the idea?

Myself, while I don't play a hybrid in the true sense, I often mention the possession of gills. I've never settled on whether that would be saltwater or freshwater, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:03 am
I have 2 friends who are hybrid furs. Although, I'm not sure if it's a true hybrid since one is a mix of canines (wolf/kitsune) and the other a mix of felines (tiger/nekomata).... I like hybrids, adds "understandable" variety in appearence. Such as a goat with leathery wings on his back and breaths fire might seem a bit odd but if you know it's a goat/dragon hybrid then you tend to overlook it. At least that's what I think.  

PotisTheron

Welcoming Receiver

RanDaYena
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:21 am
I think hybrids are fine. think they kinda cool actually. I have a really good friend who is a hybrid he the only one I know :3
dingoroo
dingo and a kangaroo
think its clever and cute x3

if I could find a cool name I woulda beena fox and a hyena x3 love them both x3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:12 pm
I do and it helps since 1 animal while cute and easy to do often gets boring so a mix of 2 or more makes it more interresting.  

Furrie Princess Nala

PotisTheron

Welcoming Receiver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:59 am
Like a fyena or hyenox for a fox/hyena hybrid?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:11 am
PotisTheron
Like a fyena or hyenox for a fox/hyena hybrid?

yeah look at my avi it may have elf ears but they also dubble as dragon ears as well.  

Furrie Princess Nala

Tsukasaneko Hack

Liberal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:41 am
*waves his carrot around* I'm a Cabbit whee (cat and rabbit hybrid) yayz!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:21 pm
imma canine/feline hybrid. i think it's a wolf/aussie cattle dog mix, hybridized with....with...well i haven't decided what yet. i was thinking a serval or caracal. i know that i am canine/feline, but the actual species are hard to tell.

obviously, then, i have nothing wrong with the idea, as long as it's not really extreme and "just for the hell of it". in my opinion, a fursona is not your favorite animal or one that you think is cute. rather, it is what you sync well with, so to speak. for some people that is more than just one animal, so a hybrid is called for.  

AlishkaNix
Crew

Ariun_Heart_Breaker

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 pm
I'm a Hybrid, Im a Tiger and a Fox Cross, Im a Tox, and the funny thing is I posted a thread just like this ^.^  
Main Thread

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games