Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
ZeniMax buys id

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 pm
Just a little tidbit of gaming news I figure I'd share to spark up some conversation.

ZeniMax (sister/parent company of Bethesda) has bought out id software, the legendary creators behind Doom, Wolfenstein and Quake.

This means that Bethesda will have access to the id Tech 5 engine - one of the latest and greatest FPS engines out there, and ZeniMax will be directing Doom 4, Rage, and Quake 5.

Seeing that Bethesda has a had a lot of difficulty with GameBryo engine, I hope they just like the id people work with Tech 5... Also I hope that ZeniMax doesn't dictate to id much on their games - id is kind of one of the best developers out there in terms of quality and raising the bar in FPSes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:10 am
When i first read this article, i was worried about the game Rage. Thankfully the games publishing rights still belong to EA and Zenimax can not get there hands on it. Ive been waiting for this game since i first saw a preview of it.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:20 am
If you intend on buying rage legally on a PC, then I'd be worried about it now. Since EA encourages piracy with its ridiculous DRM - there are articles with facts about how it promotes people to steal games, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:55 pm
nitnit
EA encourages piracy with its ridiculous DRM - there are articles with facts about how it promotes people to steal games, lol.

lol  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:55 pm
I prefer to buy my games legally and pay for the product for multiple reasons. Mainly to support the economy and to support publishers i do not want to see die from the business. I am not that big of a PC gamer unless it comes to MMORPGs, I am going to buy Rage for my 360 3nodding  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games