Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
michael jackson

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 pm
so last night we were having a house party and suddenly someone got a message to say michael jackson had died. we didn't believe it fully until this morning when it was all over the papers and the radio.

i have never been a fan, why then did it matter? it's like the thing people say about remembering exactly where you were and what you were doing when kennedy was shot....weird.

things to discuss:

where were you and what were you doing when you found out?
if you aren't a fan, do you still feel affected?
have you ever felt sorry for Jacko?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:24 pm
I found out on facebook. :p
I wish he'd have lived a bit longer.

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:13 am
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

I was drinking Black Label with my friends when I heard the news on the radio.

I don´t feel sorry at all. One less child predator in the world. Also, he was the only person who experimented racism towards himself.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:49 pm
village midget
so last night we were having a house party and suddenly someone got a message to say michael jackson had died. we didn't believe it fully until this morning when it was all over the papers and the radio.

i have never been a fan, why then did it matter? it's like the thing people say about remembering exactly where you were and what you were doing when kennedy was shot....weird.

things to discuss:

where were you and what were you doing when you found out?
if you aren't a fan, do you still feel affected?
have you ever felt sorry for Jacko?

Well, I was an 80's baby. I was born in 86, so he's wired into my early childhood. Thus, I can't help but like his music. Even if I'm not fond of the way he seemed to live his private life, his music still rocked.

And, let's face it, he's this generation's Elvis. People are going to remember him, in 20 years, the way our parents remember Elvis.

And I was sitting right here at my computer desk, when I found out, due to Yahoo News being the first place I heard about it.

On another note, Billy Mays = Another one bites the dust.

So far, we have:

Ed McMahon

Farrah Fawcett

Michael Jackson

Billy Mays

Holy Hell, celebrities seem to be dropping like flies, this week.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:53 pm
Meet Your Mistress
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

I was drinking Black Label with my friends when I heard the news on the radio.

I don´t feel sorry at all. One less child predator in the world. Also, he was the only person who experimented racism towards himself.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain

You do know that the allogations remained exactly that, right? Nothing was ever proven. So essentially, you're wrongfully accusing him. I'm not saying he was innocent, I'm just saying that there's no proof he was guilty.

Also, he had Vitiligo. It's a legitimate disease that lightens your skin. I know it's legitimate, because one of the people I work with, has it. I always thought it was weird that she was a black woman, but her hands were whiter than mine! And then I was reading about Michael Jackson being diagnosed with it, and the picture that the Vitiligo page shows, looks exactly like the condition my coworker has.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:31 pm
black_wing_angel
Also, he had Vitiligo. It's a legitimate disease that lightens your skin. I know it's legitimate, because one of the people I work with, has it. I always thought it was weird that she was a black woman, but her hands were whiter than mine! And then I was reading about Michael Jackson being diagnosed with it, and the picture that the Vitiligo page shows, looks exactly like the condition my coworker has.
I had a friend with something similar to that. He was mostly normal human tan, but he had spots of paper-white (and slightly pink) that started at his elbows and got worse towards his hands, which were almost completely white with tiny spots of brown. It looked like someone dripped bleach on him.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
I had a friend with something similar to that. He was mostly normal human tan, but he had spots of paper-white (and slightly pink) that started at his elbows and got worse towards his hands, which were almost completely white with tiny spots of brown. It looked like someone dripped bleach on him.

That would be Vitiligo.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:32 pm
He wrote a few songs I liked, but I've never been a big fan. And he kind of creeped me out. I remember going to see Captain Eo at Disneyland when I was little. That was my first real taste of MJ. And for the next several years I would think he was a women.  

Zambimaru

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 am
He was SO ugly though. Not that it really matters but JEEZ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaian Discourse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games