Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Lego Rockband

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:17 pm
Ok i know that Rock band itself is a completely awesome game and has a record of 1billion dollars in the U.S alone but seriously to put in something like lego into the game i hardly think it's worth buying. Any agree?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:51 pm
I actually think that the lego franchise is relatively fun, and Rock Band is just an annoying guitar hero rip off + drums/"singing" (which were then promptly added to the next GH game).

I don't like rhythm games in general. I'm not even that bad, I can do hard on guitars or whatever, not saying I'm great, but it's not like I suck and am bitter  

nitnit
Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:05 pm
Well i did like Guitar hero the most but i kinda got hooked on Rock Band for a while, but eventually went back to guitar hero when metallica came out at the time. I can barely play expert on most songs. But to me i just think Lego Rock Band is ignorant in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm
How is it ignorant...?  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:05 pm
nitnit
Rock Band is just an annoying guitar hero rip off + drums/"singing" (which were then promptly added to the next GH game).

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Honestly... harmonix developed and started the success of the Guitar Hero franchise. Rock Band is a different game with a different experience comapred to GH. GH is more of a fast paced arcade rythm game. Rock Band is a big social experience which doesnt have super difficult songs like Buckethead and Through the Fire and Flames.

And how do you rip off your own creation?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 pm
By your description Guitar Hero is better, lol. Also last time I checked Guitar Hero is a pretty social game among geek and bro circles. As is rock band, but that isn't really a difference between the games.

Regardless, how is Lego Rockband ignorant?  

nitnit
Captain

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:28 pm
nitnit
By your description Guitar Hero is better, lol. Also last time I checked Guitar Hero is a pretty social game among geek and bro circles. As is rock band, but that isn't really a difference between the games.

Regardless, how is Lego Rockband ignorant?

I was wondering the same thing. confused
I don't think it would do much to gameplay, just the characters would be Lego people. Regardless, that in and of itself would be a lot of fun, or at least funny. Like if they threw in a Lego Indy or something xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:58 pm
nitnit
How is it ignorant...?

Cause i just don't think that Lego is the right game to be put in, in a game like rock band. It's more appropriate to games like star wars, indiana jones, and other games that represent shows that kids like. But to be putting in Lego with a game that's mostly serious for most and with song genres like hard rock, metal and others is just not the best thing for that particular game.  

Lt Gigglebottom

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:25 pm
MercifuI Fate
nitnit
How is it ignorant...?

Cause i just don't think that Lego is the right game to be put in, in a game like rock band. It's more appropriate to games like star wars, indiana jones, and other games that represent shows that kids like. But to be putting in Lego with a game that's mostly serious for most and with song genres like hard rock, metal and others is just not the best thing for that particular game.

It's just a quick money-maker. I wouldn't get too angry with it.

And he's talking about your misuse of the word "ignorant." Sort of common mistake.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 pm
Yeah, I was just confused with your usage of words  

nitnit
Captain

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 pm
Jonnnn
It's just a quick money-maker. I wouldn't get too angry with it.

Yeah, I think this much defines what this game pretty much says to me.

In all seriousness though, Guitar Hero (and Rock Band as well), is basically falling into the same course that you find commonly with DDR games. More music with each game, but nothing fundamentally really changes.

Now on the other hand, in a industry where electronics is becoming much more popular than toys, this union is actually helps do two things:
1. It opens up Guitar Hero up to younger audiences, getting them started/engrossed into the game series earlier (and possibly for longer as well)
2. And it's also partly advertising on behalf of Lego, as well as testing newer waters to see what works and what doesn't. If this takes off, it pretty much means you have two large crowds of fandom coming together to support the same thing, which for any businessman... is almost the perfect opportunity. Who would pass that up?

Anycase, I would rather see some lego figurines rocking out on stage rather than seeing Miis flailing to do the same anyday. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:00 am
dude just get over it it is one video game if you think it is stupid dont buy it and be done with... (sorry for the rudeness i just dont see why anyone would get so worked up over one video game...)  

ibystander

Elizabeth BEW

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:06 am
i personaly think it's insane. too many games dealing with Rockband all. but don't get me wrong. i luv rockband. i can really only play the drums sweatdrop i suck hoorably at the guitar. i'm much better at DDR anyway. putting legos in it is ..... i can't even describe wat i think of it. my sister is excited though. she really wants it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:23 am
Chaotix Bluix

Anycase, I would rather see some lego figurines rocking out on stage rather than seeing Miis flailing to do the same anyday. 3nodding

I think we can all agree on this.  

Jonnnn

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces