Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Haters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:36 pm
The Twilight series isn't a great piece of literature, I have to agree with _-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin. And let me say, Anne Rice = Vampire Literature renaissance GOD. Meyer had a good idea, I'll admit that, but it was poorly executed.

It didn't get me into reading again, since I've been a huge reader ever since I was a dorky little kid reading Animorphs and wishing that I was an alien (ironically enough, I'm turning into a bit of a Trekkie now). I spent my childhood in books of every kind (I was the nerd who you'd see reading a book and would proceed to memorize obscenely large amounts of information that would probably not be useful but amazed people anyways).

Somehow, though, those people who say things that are largely detrimental regarding Twilight get branded with the label of haters, despite the fact that a more accurate label would be 'intelligent fan'. It doesn't take rocket science for anyone to admit that the series isn't the greatest thing that's ever happened, nor that Stephanie Meyer isn't royalty in some way shape or form (she's not).

So the book series is mediocre, it's nothing I haven't seen before (and I've seen it done better), and while the ideas are good, the execution needs quite a lot of refinement.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 pm
__LadyKira4555__
The books are good works of literature, but the movie ruined it. I'm sorry to all the disappointed fangirls, but Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen.

I still think he looked so much better in HP. He looked human not like a zombie. *drools over cedric*  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am
__LadyKira4555__
The books are good works of literature, but the movie ruined it. I'm sorry to all the disappointed fangirls, but Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen.

Firstly, the books are not great pieces of literature. I don't know if they can really be called literature. They're a good story, and Stephenie is a good story teller, but not so much of a good writer. Although, personally, I do enjoy the simplistic way the book is written, it's defiantly not written well. You're dressing up an apple and calling it an orange. They're good stories, not good novels.

Secondly, I do not understand how a movie can ruin a book. I doesn't make any sense. The book and the movie are two separate entities, each working independently from the other. A movie, in no way, can ruin a book. They are two separate things. Even if the movie is based on the book, they are still two separate things. There is still one book, and one movie. They haven't been molded together, one can still be good while the other is not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
__LadyKira4555__

Firstly, the books are not great pieces of literature. I don't know if they can really be called literature. They're a good story, and Stephenie is a good story teller, but not so much of a good writer. Although, personally, I do enjoy the simplistic way the book is written, it's defiantly not written well. You're dressing up an apple and calling it an orange. They're good stories, not good novels.

Secondly, I do not understand how a movie can ruin a book. I doesn't make any sense. The book and the movie are two separate entities, each working independently from the other. A movie, in no way, can ruin a book. They are two separate things. Even if the movie is based on the book, they are still two separate things. There is still one book, and one movie. They haven't been molded together, one can still be good while the other is not.

Unfortunately, most people are unable to judge a book and a movie adapted from a book as two separate things. *shrugs* The movie was okay, it wasn't terrible and it wasn't good, but it was okay and was enough to engage me for the two hours of my life that I spent watching it.  

Twilight Scribe

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
__LadyKira4555__

Unfortunately, most people are unable to judge a book and a movie adapted from a book as two separate things. *shrugs* The movie was okay, it wasn't terrible and it wasn't good, but it was okay and was enough to engage me for the two hours of my life that I spent watching it.

People have a very hard time accepting that fact. It's rather annoying, actually. There's too much judgement being flung around where it shouldn't be. Like you said, the movie was not that bad. It's getting a bad rap because people can't handle the fact that it has to be different. It's not really fair to anyone involved in the movie making process, but I guess that's what happens when you decide to make a movie based on a popular book.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:01 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
__LadyKira4555__

People have a very hard time accepting that fact. It's rather annoying, actually. There's too much judgement being flung around where it shouldn't be. Like you said, the movie was not that bad. It's getting a bad rap because people can't handle the fact that it has to be different. It's not really fair to anyone involved in the movie making process, but I guess that's what happens when you decide to make a movie based on a popular book.

Always happens, I judge books and movies as two separate things. Movies are shorter and have to be adapted from the script in such a way to make them engaging while also acknowledging that some things must be done or cut due to time restrictions.

It's easier if you haven't read the book that a movie is based on before seeing it. I saw The Da Vinci Code before I read the book, and I thought both were great; judging them from different perspectives, of course.  

Twilight Scribe

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
__LadyKira4555__

Always happens, I judge books and movies as two separate things. Movies are shorter and have to be adapted from the script in such a way to make them engaging while also acknowledging that some things must be done or cut due to time restrictions.

It's easier if you haven't read the book that a movie is based on before seeing it. I saw The Da Vinci Code before I read the book, and I thought both were great; judging them from different perspectives, of course.

A friend of mine saw the movie before she read the book and she really enjoyed it. Watching the movie prompted her to read the series as well. It's not a bad movie, I actually rather enjoyed it. It was the acting (by Kristen) that takes points off. The story, and most of the acting was good. It was a good movie.

I think fans of the book series (especially those who have been fans since or near the beginning) just enjoy saying how much they hated the movie to show how loyal and diehard they are for the series. It's not a question of whether or not it's a good movie, it's about those fan showing their superiority over the others by expressing their dislike for the movie and their love for original series.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
__LadyKira4555__

A friend of mine saw the movie before she read the book and she really enjoyed it. Watching the movie prompted her to read the series as well. It's not a bad movie, I actually rather enjoyed it. It was the acting (by Kristen) that takes points off. The story, and most of the acting was good. It was a good movie.

I think fans of the book series (especially those who have been fans since or near the beginning) just enjoy saying how much they hated the movie to show how loyal and diehard they are for the series. It's not a question of whether or not it's a good movie, it's about those fan showing their superiority over the others by expressing their dislike for the movie and their love for original series.

That's very likely. Kristin looked like a stoner throughout the entire movie, which was a bit of a turn-off, but other then that, the acting was good and the story was decent too. I've seen worse book to movie adaptions, The Golden Compass.  

Twilight Scribe

Candyfloss is yummy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm
yerr golden compass yuck xp so bad  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items