Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Grease Videogame

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm
I kid you not, this is really ridiculous and a waste of money in my opinion, but when you look at the consoles it will be released on... maybe not

GameInformer.com
Of all the classic films produced in the late seventies, Grease seems and odd choice to be given the interactive treatment. But that’s what 505 Games and Paramount Digital plan to do. Dubbing it “the original high school musical,” 505 Games will oversee development of Grease for the Nintendo Wii and DS.

Grease, as memorable as it was, wouldn’t much lend itself to action or
adventure. So 505 intends to focus on what it’s most known for—the music. Players will be able to sing and dance with The Pink Ladies and the T-Birds via a party game implementation. Using the motion-sensing controls and the microphone (or the touch screen on the DS) 505 expects the game will appeal to casual and family gamers eager to scratch a musical itch they didn’t even know they had.

“We are really excited about working with Paramount Digital Entertainment to turn this world famous film into a video game for the very first time. Working with such a well known and much loved brand is a great opportunity and we believe the collaboration further strengthens 505 Games’ entertainment portfolio,” commented Ian Howe, Managing Director 505 Games.

The reference to the immensely popular and slightly mystifying phenomenon that is High School Musical got us thinking. Will the demographic associated as being Wii owners appreciate Danny, Sandy, Rizzo and Kenickie as much as they do Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay and Ryan? (Don’t judge us; we had to look those names up) The younglings in the house may not, but their older siblings and parents probably will. And we can’t frown on introducing musical gold to a younger generation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 pm
*face palm*
This game is 30 years too late for the target audience.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:03 am
............. *insert sheer utter terror* gonk

Not that the idea isn't novel, but... I can't help but ask myself how exactly are they going to pull this off?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 am
It'll be a racing game...but with only one car (Greased Lightning), and one song in the backround (Greased Lightning)!!!

XD  

Bayou Bulldog

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:11 am
Well considering there are 100 million DS owners and 50 million Wii owners I'm sure that some of them will be interested in this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:51 am
The target audience of course will be middle aged adults who want to relive this moment with there kids or think its a good gift for their kid, and of course little kids who:
a) dont know what they are buying
b) liked the movie
c) the case looks cool
d) retarded  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 am
I was gonna go with teen girls who buy the movie and think it's awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 pm
Its funny: I was talking with my friend about the game, The Warriors, and how it was based off a really old movie, and we talked about older movies that should never be made into games: Grease was one of them.

I pray that this gets cancelled.  

Haratio TaFotter

ibystander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:10 pm
epic freakin fail is all i gotta say i mean cmon now i can think of a better movie than that (never mind anyone can!!) god some companies are retarded  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:21 am
I don't know what to think of this. I don't see it selling to the game's demographic - at most a few hipster teenagers will buy it.  

Jonnnn

xXxeyes-set-to-killxXx

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:42 pm
confused
man sometimes these people try to hard rofl
i dont think that this is really going to sell based on the fact that anyone alive during that time, probably won't even play it  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games