Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
These Gods are off limits. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Nicolette ]

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 am
Sanguina Cruenta

I said Baltic and Basque, but not British. The only gods I've heard described as "British" are the Lord and Lady of the Isles. "British" is not a culture... it just describes the island of Britain. The gods of the original Britons - that is, pre-Roman, pre-Celt - are far too lost in the mists of time for us to know (unless they are the gods of Wicca, of course, which is theoretically possible).

Oh, sorry, I forgot to address Nami in that last bit. XD I meant when she asked about the Gaul and British Gods.

Anyway, about AnDF, I knew they weren't strictly Celtic or anything, but I thought they had a lot more Gael members in there. -shrug- XD Guess not!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:35 am
There are very few Gael left. Hell, there are very few Celts.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 am
Sanguina Cruenta
There are very few Gael left. Hell, there are very few Celts.

That is very saddening..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:44 am
[ Nicolette ]
Sanguina Cruenta

I said Baltic and Basque, but not British. The only gods I've heard described as "British" are the Lord and Lady of the Isles. "British" is not a culture... it just describes the island of Britain. The gods of the original Britons - that is, pre-Roman, pre-Celt - are far too lost in the mists of time for us to know (unless they are the gods of Wicca, of course, which is theoretically possible).

Oh, sorry, I forgot to address Nami in that last bit. XD I meant when she asked about the Gaul and British Gods.

Anyway, about AnDF, I knew they weren't strictly Celtic or anything, but I thought they had a lot more Gael members in there. -shrug- XD Guess not!

I read somewhere that Diana was adopted in to Britian.. But maybe it was misinformation..

However, I was thinking that same thing, Nicolette. Why would they not see that in the long run, But now that I know it was a bargian.. I'm wondering as to what for. o.o

Anyways..Lol, I'm still wondering about the welsh deities, though. There has got to be someone out there that knows..

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:39 am
Does anyone know if these panteons are off limits?

Lithuanian

Sami

Slavic

Ancient Gaulish and British {I believe these are closed, But someone decided to argue with me about.}

Latvian

Lusitanian

Etruscan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:35 am
I hear the Slavs keep to themselves, so apparentlyyou'd find it difficult getting into a Slavic recon group, but I don't think the pantheon itself is closed. I could well be wrong, though.

The Gaulish pantheon is Celtic, so the culture is closed, but I have currently no reason to believe the pantheon is also.

British? Which pantheon would you be referring to here? That of the pre-Celtic Britons?

I'm fairly certain the Etruscans are open. There's overlap with Religio Romana, too.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:10 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Mesopotamian
Goddamnit... um.... Sumerian

Sumerian gods are Mesopotamian gods. From what I've read about the Sumerians in history, I can't think of any reason why their pantheon would be particularly fussy, especially the Sumerian pantheon is pretty much the great-grandpappy of just about every other Western pantheon out there. razz  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games