Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
To robe or not to robe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:39 pm
iHecate
kage no neko
For some reason my stitches rip out. :< So a sewing machine would help my robe actually hold together!
I've figured out how to work one now, next goal is to figure out how to sew in a straight line..

MM this could be because you stitch to far apart of the stitch is much to large.
Probably.. but I never cut enough thread to do it in shorter stitches.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 am
kage no neko
iHecate
kage no neko
For some reason my stitches rip out. :< So a sewing machine would help my robe actually hold together!
I've figured out how to work one now, next goal is to figure out how to sew in a straight line..

MM this could be because you stitch to far apart of the stitch is much to large.

Well you are supposed to string the thread shorter so it does not bunch or knot.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:40 pm
User Image

I don't have a robe, but I'd like one.

User Image

It probably would be only for sabbats. It feels much more formal, and it helps to change your state of mind a bit, bringing you closer to the work/celebration/whatever you're doing, as opposed to having thoughts about other things outside of what you're doing.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:58 pm
kage no neko
iHecate
kage no neko

It also depends on the thread you use. Some brands on thread are much more reliable than some. Sadly I don't have a suggestion to what brand you should use. My mothers the Seamstress, not I, Though I am learning. xDD

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 pm
"Seamstress" still means "lady of the night" to me xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm
kage no neko

making stright lines isn't to hard if you are not half asleep lol

also if hand stitches come out, double stitch it ( that is sew alittle bit further in along the same line to re-inforce it ^_^  

surukio

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games