Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Nintendo console tends to collect dust?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is your nintendo console/handheld dust?
  Yes, it can use a little dusting
  No, i love it very very much
  I <3 Microsoft
  Sony for Life!
View Results

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 pm
Everyone knows Nintendo is unstoppable this generation in both the handheld and conosle market. Almost every family has one and a thing i noticed is that after a few months people tend not to play them anymore. Same i see goes for the DS when there is no new Pokemon game is released.

Does anyone else believe this is true or am i wrong? Can it be changed? I am pretty sure it can but how? I can think of a few things myself to make people blow the dust off their console but i want to hear yours.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 pm
Huh? can we get some non anecdotal evidence? Granted my Wii is collecting dust, lol. Then again when the metroid prime trilogy comes out that could change...  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:37 pm
nitnit
Huh? can we get some non anecdotal evidence? Granted my Wii is collecting dust, lol. Then again when the metroid prime trilogy comes out that could change...

theres some evidence right there. i mean after certain games come out and people get tired of brawl, it just doesnt get played for a while til something good is released from Nintendo or some noteable 3rd party developer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm
Actually that's anecdotal. Like I said NON anecdotal. There are tons of "casual" gamers who probably think it's a blast to pull that out at a party and let some people play around with wii sports and s**t.  

nitnit
Captain

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 pm
Well,IMO,the 2 things that would most definately make people blow the dust off of their systems(the DS and the Wii) is a Mother/EarthBound compilation for tne DS and the release of Mother/EB0 and Mother 2/EB on the Wii's Virtual Console.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:41 pm
Considering that despite an extensive (yet shitty) advertising campaign for Earthbound the game crash and burned in terms of sales, I doubt it'd get that many people to dust off their wiis specifically for that.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm
I thinkt he Conduit looks good enough to dust off my girlfriends wii and play it. If only 50 bucks + tax would drop out of the sky and pay for it... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 pm
My SP is collecting dust and I have a few unfinished DS titles that I am working on.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 am
With all of the titles that were announced at E3 I think the Wii may be coming out of its slump. New Super Mario Brothers Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are both exciting prospects and not to mention the new Metroid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm
Actually, all of my consoles are collecting dust. My DS Lite's the only one to be in recent use, and PS2 being in second place. I only leave my Wii alone because I hate changing remote batteries.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:28 am
Tron714
I thinkt he Conduit looks good enough to dust off my girlfriends wii and play it. If only 50 bucks + tax would drop out of the sky and pay for it... xd

The Conduit is definitely good enough to dust it off for a while.

Not to mention when CoD 6: MW II comes out a lot of Wii users will be getting it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:26 pm
I probably play my DS/NES more than any of my other systems, though all of them are collecting dust in comparison to my computer.  

We Have A Winnar

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 pm
Well, I think it's safe to say that some of my consoles have been collecting dust for the most part, but every so often when I pick up a game from the thrift store or gamestop, the console that the game goes to get's quite a bunch of use for the following week or two, before the dust starts to settle again ( a recent example of this was with LoZ: Wind Waker for the Gamecube).

It seems though (at least in my case), that handhelds work a bit differently. To put it simply... they tend to see a ton of non-stop use... often times ranging from a number of different games. The only time it generally gets a break or even a chance to collect some dust is when it is charging or when the next system comes out.
Even then... they still see some use... but the older they get generation wise, the less use they tend to see. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:59 pm
In the future the Wii can serve as a doorstop.  

Shigeru the Hero

Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff