Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Square Expands to Europe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:37 am
I was kinda shocked when i came across this article. Makes me wonder about what Square plans to do with all the assets they aquired with this purchase.

Quote:
Eidos No More, Now Square Enix Europe
Written Wednesday, July 08, 2009 by Dan Webb

Not only will the Square Enix purchase of Eidos cost a number of British and European jobs at the firm, but it also seems that the Eidos publishing brand will be cast out as well.

Eidos told MCV, "Square Enix and Eidos Interactive are pleased to announce plans to create a new organisation to drive forward their European business."

"Square Enix Europe (final name TBC) will include Eidos’ global network of studios and combine the Square Enix and Eidos European sales and marketing businesses to create one efficient and powerful structure for game publishing."

Despite the Eidos publishing brand being put out to pasture, the development studios like Eidos Montreal, are said to be keeping the moniker.

I always thought Eidos was quite a catchy name as well ... a hell of a lot more so than Square Enix.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm
Not too surprising - what comes of it will be interesting.  

Jonnnn

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:28 pm
Maybe, if we are lucky, some new original IPs from Square thats not Final Fantasy related! That includes Kingdom Hearts.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games