Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Healers. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Healer?
  Yes, reiki.
  Yes, herbal.
  Yes, both.
  Yes, other.
  No, interested.
  No, not interested.
View Results

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:41 pm
I practice crystal and energy healing.

I'm better with crystals though, because I tend to read energy better then heal it.

Lol, I suck compared to my friends who tickle organs and numb limbs.

On the other side of the moon though, I've actually had the pleasure of talking with reiki masters. From what I know so far, it's either intense or just a different form of energy healing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:28 pm
Artistic Genocide
iHecate
I've been engossing myself in green witchcraft for a good while now and I've started to dwell into the interesting areas of herbal medicines and healing. I find it quite interesting and a wonderfully calming art. Reciently I have actually started to collect and harvest my own herbs which is greatly selfgratifying if I don't say so myself. Then again I suppose it is a luctury to really be able to grow and harvest your own plants and herbs these days, most of us living in urben cities and towns. But if you ever get the chance to even grow just a small bit, I say go for it.
Also I have been finding an odd facination with healing with the aid of crystals, its quite interesting in how thy work and maniuplate energies.

oh, i agree with you. There is something wonderfully relaxing in it. I live in the country, so i'm lucky enought o be able to have a small herb garden. Though, most of it was killed off in last year's frost and the drought that was here for three months killed the rest. I dug up and replanted the herbs i could in pots in doors. But sadly, the only ones that made it were my aloe vera plant and my Chamomile plant. I was so heart broken when they died. crying

Also, found the name of the book i was talking about a couple of posts up. It's called "Jude's Herbal Home Remedies" by Jude C. Todd. =3

I agree with the relaxing bit too. I live in the country side, it's so nice to walk out my front door, and look at all the beautiful plants covered in the morning dew, and being hit by the early rays of the sun. There's quite a few medicinal herbs where I live. I can walk outside and probably collect 50 pounds of Queen Anne's Lace. That stuff is everywhere here. I haven't found chaomile, but I remember seeing it when I was younger, so I know I'll see it somewhere. There's a lot of burdock too, and jewelweed. I think I've seen May Apple, and when I showed my boyfriend he said he knows where some grows around here. It's really nice.

Even with the plants around, I still want to have a garden next year. That way I can grow plants I can't find nearby. Plus It'd be nice to be able to access stuff like may apple, chamomile, and other nearby herbs that I'd still have to run around to find.  

Katsumi Aki

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:26 am
I really want to get into healing.
I'm about to start university so money will be really tight but I'm going to learn as much as I can because it's something I really really want to persue.

Anyone got any hints for a beginner? Crystal, energy, herbs (especially)...I wanna learn it all lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 am
I feel that the best way to start with herbs is to learn the properties of the local ones. I can identify and name uses of almost all of the local herbs. I'm going to be learning how to use them soon. Learning the basics is always the best way to start.

With energy before you attempt any healing you need to know, not just be familiar with, exactly how energy flows throughout the body. That way you can "see" where it's not going correctly or where it's already gathering to work on mending an injury or illness. Once you know how the bodys energy works naturally you can assist it in getting energy where it needs to be, adding your own to speed thing up, or just adjusting the flow so it moves easier. I'm still a novice. I only work on myself, my husband and one of our close friends who are fully aware of what I'm doing and what my level is. Personally I don't mess with anything more then scrapes and bruises. Minor things that will heal fast enough on their own, but if I make a mistake will not be fatal.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

BlackDragon20

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm
I have loved using herbal healing since its natural and in sync with our bodies, I noticed you heal better with herbs. I’m a healer with herbs and I can say its worth learning and its pretty cool what you can do with herbs for healing.
Myself I’m learning as well from my mother, just with learning I can say its always better too learn the basics, you can do research on the internet for what plants do what and also ask around, you never know what you can learn. Just before you heal others, use the healing on yourself so you can get practice and get the hang of it so you don’t harm anyone, its a good skill too learn and I think in ways its better than the conventual’s ways of healing.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:52 am
I'm a healer as well, and I have more of a connection to energy work than herbs, but I also have that connection to herbs.

I'm studying herbs right now, and I'm practicing my energy work. =3  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:32 am
Aryain Flames
I don't know much about healing, but I'm interested in it. I think I might like to learn to use local plants for healing purposes though, and I hope to get a chance for some study soon.

I love crystal healing, herbal healing, and an energy healing similar to Reiki, but I'm seriously dangerous with that one and I'm afraid to try on anyone I don't know. My mother has two books on herbs and I have one on crystal healing. I guess my energy healing is lacking partially due to the fact that I only have a few pages on it in my compendium. The names of the books are......*goes and gets the books out of her room* Okay, there's "The Healing Herbs" by Michael Castleman, which gives lots of information, but the pictures are'nt always an accurate description of the plants. "Herbs" by Jennie Harding. Basic descriptions and uses with actual photographs that really help with identifying. "The Holistic Herbal directory" by Penelope Ody, I have'nt read it yet, but it looks like it's focused mainly on the uses of herbs, but does'nt tell you how to harvest or prepair them. "The Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall, I love this book and have read it more than once smile , you really should check it out if you want to learn about Crystal Healing. Also, the other books in the "Bible" series are really good also.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Well, I study herbal, reiki, and homeopathy, not sure if I can include that one, but I do regardless. some side ones, but they don't matter too much as I only dot on them.
My mom wanted me to treat her with homeopathic remedies once. I told her to get them from a homeopathic pharmacy. I don't think she ever did after finding out how they work.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 am
i heal with stones and crystals, herbs, and just about any other thing i can get my hands on  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games