Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Sometimes, I wish I lived in russia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 pm
These feelings come very, very rarely, but enjoy.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Fallout_2009:_Nothing_Personal_LARP_in_Russia

pictures of the event (sometimes I wish I could read russian)

http://sdmobile.livejournal.com/18969.html  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:06 pm
Okay, first off, this REALLY makes me want to do a Fallout themed airsoft event.

Secondly, no one on the planet is ever going to be as cool as those guys in home made suits of power armor.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:47 am
You dont have to go to Russia just to LARP. If you really wanted to do a RP about Fallout you should probably add that somewhere and you wanna set it up somewhere in a year maybe for everyone to prepare and check out the turn out. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm
I know about LARPing, but I don't think I could really find a good enough place to set one up. The abandoned military bas or whatever there looked pretty good, but there isn't anything like that in my area.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:42 pm
Russia is a better location for a giant thing like that. They had like 300+ people all over an abandoned military base (which they turned into the military base from FO1) I doubt there are that many areas here where this could be done without having to pay someone off - plus Russia has a larger fanbase for the original FO games, so it might be hard to find people without having to make it a FO3 RP which would be dumb.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 pm
nitnit
Russia is a better location for a giant thing like that. They had like 300+ people all over an abandoned military base (which they turned into the military base from FO1) I doubt there are that many areas here where this could be done without having to pay someone off - plus Russia has a larger fanbase for the original FO games, so it might be hard to find people without having to make it a FO3 RP which would be dumb.

I'm just wondering how you'd run the whole thing with guns really. Yeah, pretty much all abandoned military bases here in the U.S. are condemned, not really a safe place for people to be running around. I don't know, if I have free time, I might look into this more and try to set something up.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:00 am
well, I'm fairly certain those weren't real guns...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 am
nitnit
well, I'm fairly certain those weren't real guns...

That's not what I meant. For ever LARP I've ever seen, there's always been some kind of damage system for weapons. Assuming everyone had a different gun, I just wondered how they'd make a damage system work.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 pm
Oh, maybe they used the system from the first two Fallout games...? Or they could have had little combat? The world of Fallout 2 is set up so that it is highly prone to violence, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:03 pm
nitnit
Oh, maybe they used the system from the first two Fallout games...? Or they could have had little combat? The world of Fallout 2 is set up so that it is highly prone to violence, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen

Maybe, maybe.  

Haratio TaFotter

iSephi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:33 pm
Just have Boolets do damage based on the size of the gun firing them.

Give 'em some kind of HP number, and let 'em go wild.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games