Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 pm
So I went to the USA for the first time ever a week ago seattle for one night to see a gig. And I've gotta say the space needle is small and seattle is a bit dirty. But more exciting Im going to san diago and comic con next week. While there Im going to see the gaia panel, anyone else going? Any advice on what to do whle there as its my first time?

Also heres a silly picture from my trip to seattle.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 pm
San Diego is pretty and not dirty... :p
Definitely check out the beach and the gaslamp district downtown.
I've never been to a convention, so I have no advice there.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 pm
I've only ever been to one really small convention. It was a Star Wars convention less than an hour from where I live. I doubt it bears any resembalance to something the size of comic con so I'm of no use. I'm jealous though. I'd love to go  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 pm
Welcome to the USA! Have fun, and don't mind the mess, we'll get to it eventually....

I dream about going to things like Comic Con, but it never fails that when one comes around I'm busy with school most of the time. One of my friends is a Marine being trained in San Diego keeps bragging when he gets to go to one. T-T  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Awesome! Any of the major cities are going to be dirty. Are you driving or flying?

Let's see... what's in San Diego...

There's Sea World xd You can go boarder hopping and drive down to Tijuana for some good tequila j/k  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 pm
Lots of good restaurants.

Wish I could go to Comic Con  

Salmay
Captain

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 am
Coronado is a really pretty island right there too, and I think the bridge to get there doesn't have a toll anymore.
Seaport Village has cool boats and a nice view of the ocean with some cheesy little shops about... but it's good for a little stroll.

Oh oh oh and the zoo there is freaking awesome! But that's like a whole day trip. Balboa park right next to the zoo has a cool little artist village thing. It's pretty colorful. There's botanical gardens in there too which are really pretty and romantic.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm
Thanks for the advice. Im flying to drive would like take days days from vancouver. Hmmm lots of good food sounds good.  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers