Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Mothership Zeta (Now with Screenshots)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:29 am
Well here is some info on the 5th DLC from Bethesda! We all know nitnit is so excited to download this very special DLC. haha xd
Quote:

Fallout 3's Mothership Zeta DLC Lands August 3rd
Written Tuesday, July 14, 2009 by Jason Debelyak

Bethesda has announced that the fifth and final chapter of DLC for Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta, will be available to download on August 3rd. In this brand new content, players will leave the Capital Wasteland to battle somewhere extremely new to the Fallout 3 universe -- outer space! Defying hostile alien abductors, players will have to fight their way off of the massive spaceship. The new content will also feature brand new weapons, including the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator, and Drone Cannon, as well as new outfits and characters.

The new content will be available for 800 MSP ($10) when it launches on August 3rd for Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. Playstation 3 owners will see the DLC at a later date.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm
Yeah I saw that middle screen screens a few days ago, the beth people also said that it is the most action oriented DLC yet, and it houses the most powerful weapon in the game.

Seriously, how can something be more action oriented than operation anchorage, which was a MILITARY SIMULATION.

Bah, humbug, enjoy your overpriced FPS rip off, I'm going to continue trying to master civ 4, and making very slow progress on launching the future video gaming mecca.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:22 pm
Frankly, this is the one DLC I'm not sure about. I might actually wait for a review on this one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 pm
Im waiting for Bethesda to put all the content on disc and waiting at Gamestop for the used discs...

Thay way i dont really pay full price for the content, even if its good or crappy 3nodding  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 pm
I don't play fallout 3, so I'm speaking out of my a** here.

The cost of the game and the dlc does not seem at all high to me. It's a top selling game with a huge and extensive world that is being sold for the standard price of a new game. The DLCs have been pretty big and are being sold for a reasonable $10. I still find it reasonable if you consider this a market ploy to keep interest in the game and to sell more units of the original game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:57 pm
You are speaking out of your a**, the first two DLCs were not very big. They provide 4 hours of gameplay each, max. The third only really adds a lot of gametime because of the level cap raise, and I don't know about point lookout.

Even if we bump it up to 5 hours of gameplay, that's 2$ an hour of gameplay. Compare to some games where people will pay 50$ and play the multiplayer component for hours upon hours.

Also I never said that the vanilla game was overpriced, just the DLCs.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:50 pm
I think it would be really funny if someone paid for the Mothership Zeta DLC just for nitnit. Then taped him while he plays through out the game. While he is playing you just ask him annoying questions and ask how much he is enjoying the content. I think it would be hilarious to see nit complain xD, but thats just my opinion.

I also think it would be funny to see how many hits it gets on youtube xD.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:59 pm
I'd do it. Seriously, I'd do it, I have no problem with playing something that's subpar, and if it is good, then I have a nice surprise! I do reserve the right to bash everything ever though.

I wonder if they think the Wanamingos from FO2 are actually aliens? The game refers to the unit as "alien" but this is explained that most people mistake them for extra terrestrials - they're actually FEV bioweapons (resident evil style) gone wrong.

Bethesda interpreted this as "there is abundant history throughout fallout of aliens". Right. To add insult to injury, they chose the most common alien story ever "the aliens are seeing if humanity is a threat, and has decided it is"

dot. dot. dot.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:16 pm
I had to double post.

I'm assuming Bethesda, that this means you'll be putting in Godzilla (his footprint is in a random event in FO1), Doctor Who (random event FO2), King Arthur and the Knights of the Round + Rabbit of Death + Holy Handgrenade (stupid random encounter for FO2), and many other random things that are clearly deeply embedded in the history of Fallout.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:21 pm
So does that mean there is Liberty Prime vs Godzilla? haha that would be entertaining to see blaugh  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm
Actually, it was originally planned for you to pilot liberty prime, but they ran out of time. Sure, it might sound kind of fun at first, but in a game that's supposed to be about surviving in a hellish landscape, piloting giant robots shouldn't really be that viable...  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games