Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Mandatory lessons? (now with better idea)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm
EDIT: Better idea! Mandatory lessons when you come of age. When a man turns 18 they are obligated to sign up for the selective service. Why not have them take a safety course too?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm
It should be required, this way anyone who gets a license is trained in how to be safe with any gun.  

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

Crash Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:26 pm
Most stores have a required "safety course" that you have to pass... which is usually really retarded. Mine was 25 questions on basic safety, usage, and law.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:18 pm
I think it should be just like hunter education. Take a few classes. Pass a test and get a card you show when you buy a gun.  

war_junky 91

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:48 pm
Crash Maniac
Most stores have a required "safety course" that you have to pass... which is usually really retarded. Mine was 25 questions on basic safety, usage, and law.
None of the gun shops I have visited have ever made me do that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm
Hm, that's funny. Because last time I read the 2nd Amendment it said "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" not "the right of the people to keep and bears arms shall not be infringed unless said people can't pass an arbitrary test laid down by the overseers."

But maybe I should go read it again.  

ArmasTermin

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 pm
ArmasTermin
Hm, that's funny. Because last time I read the 2nd Amendment it said "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" not "the right of the people to keep and bears arms shall not be infringed unless said people can't pass a arbitrary test laid down by the overseers."

But maybe I should go read it again.
That's what it says, never mind the wet ink from Obamas pen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:44 pm
Too much room for the assholes to pervert this.
They might make the standards for the test so daunting that it'll be hard to complete, and or the test will cost money to take, and will go up in price every time you fail.

Or they could make you take the test every year or even more frequently, and/or whenever you buy a gun.

IMO;
Best course of action would be to make it a class you have to take in school.

Two birds one stone, you teach young kids what to do or what not to do when they come across a gun and later on how to safely use it.  

Barru

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 pm
Barru
Too much room for the assholes to pervert this.
They might make the standards for the test so daunting that it'll be hard to complete, and or the test will cost money to take, and will go up in price every time you fail.

Or they could make you take the test every year or even more frequently, and/or whenever you buy a gun.

IMO;
Best course of action would be to make it a class you have to take in school.

Two birds one stone, you teach young kids what to do or what not to do when they come across a gun and later on how to safely use it.
Well some form of mandatory education would be nice.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games