Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm
I swear this topic's been discussed before...

I am a bit curious to who here has a second life account.

I'm thinking of using it for the sole purpose of creating a 3D furry avatar... I'm not really interested in the socializing aspect. There's also that IMVU but I don't think you can do furry as well on that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 pm
I didn't like second life very much, people there aren't exactly, well reasonable. I got flamed by a bunch of people because I was new, and I should have to goo through that and it shouldn't be "just one of those things." The tone of the people there is just unbearable >.<  

Isaol

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm Erin Sveiss on SL. c:
I've spent dozens on dollars on it, too. I'm an addict. XD

Questing [Nothing] : ?k/?k
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:57 pm
SL Name: Reinhart Harris

I haven't had the time to actually be on there much lately. I've been way too busy with school.

However, I find it to be a lot of fun. I've built a lot of stuff and made social ties to plenty of people. I mostly get on to build though, so I know a lot of techniques with building.

One thing if you're going to build an avatar though, it's not easy. Expect to spend days working on one part alone. If you can pull it off though, it'll be great! However, sculpties are a new thing which allows the formation of a somewhat molded shape based upon a special texture. They really broaden the possibilities, but you need special programs outside of SL to make them. There's lots of free sculpty textures out there, but not enough for making your own avatar. They can help a lot though, if you know how to use them. (Gotta look at the shape see what it could be used for, rather than just trying to slap some sculpts together. They can blend well with the regular cubes and toruses in the program.)  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:53 pm
SL Name: Hendly Devin

I joined and found lovely little clubs and hangouts without any problems with being a "noob".

some people are pricks to noobs, other people are mature and don't treat them like s**t. i think the most important and most appealing part of second life isnt just having a limitless 3d world at your disposal, its having the opportunity to mingle and befriend leagues of people you would never see in your life otherwise. hanging out, listening to music, talking about life both rl and sl.

role play is great, its like a ******** video game only you make everything the way you want it. every thing looks the way you want it. the way you picture it. its not limited to the weapons available to you from an mmorpg developers. Having concerts, live and with DJs is great too. clubs are kinda cool. but i prefer to chill at rp spots, or at sandboxes.

i love to build s**t. mostly i build weapons, soviet era rifles and such. they aren't the best looking things but they look better than most of the guns available for purchase on sl.

i am have also recently been inducted into the ranks of a renown SL military group The Merczateers. I am an Efreytor, (Private E-2) of the assault class division.

i also have a lot of alts for star wars rp, and one in a group that actually fights the Mercz. resembling the Chechen Rebels against the Russian Federation.

hit me up if you want some of my guns, they are full perms, and full of fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:00 pm
Garek Maxwell
SL Name: Reinhart Harris

I haven't had the time to actually be on there much lately. I've been way too busy with school.

However, I find it to be a lot of fun. I've built a lot of stuff and made social ties to plenty of people. I mostly get on to build though, so I know a lot of techniques with building.

One thing if you're going to build an avatar though, it's not easy. Expect to spend days working on one part alone. If you can pull it off though, it'll be great! However, sculpties are a new thing which allows the formation of a somewhat molded shape based upon a special texture. They really broaden the possibilities, but you need special programs outside of SL to make them. There's lots of free sculpty textures out there, but not enough for making your own avatar. They can help a lot though, if you know how to use them. (Gotta look at the shape see what it could be used for, rather than just trying to slap some sculpts together. They can blend well with the regular cubes and toruses in the program.)

Wouldn't there already be pre-formed furry shapes out there made by other furries that I could borrow and throw on my avatar to help me work on it (not to mention already-made textures?)  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:29 pm
KillerLee
Wouldn't there already be pre-formed furry shapes out there made by other furries that I could borrow and throw on my avatar to help me work on it (not to mention already-made textures?)

There's plenty of textures that could be used. You can also alter the textures that come with freebie avatars. However, sculpts are pretty rare... I know of some ears, but that's about it. I think most avatars with sculpts require payment.

There may be some free ones out or coming out in the future though, so they may help. I think the easiest thing to do is to buy an avatar that most closely resembles the species/look you want, then alter a copy of it. Just make sure it's copy/mod before you buy, or else you're out of luck. If it's no copy/no mod, then it's worthless. Most avatars are copy/mod, but once and a while you'll come across one that isn't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:47 pm
Garek Maxwell
KillerLee

There's plenty of textures that could be used. You can also alter the textures that come with freebie avatars. However, sculpts are pretty rare... I know of some ears, but that's about it. I think most avatars with sculpts require payment.

There may be some free ones out or coming out in the future though, so they may help. I think the easiest thing to do is to buy an avatar that most closely resembles the species/look you want, then alter a copy of it. Just make sure it's copy/mod before you buy, or else you're out of luck. If it's no copy/no mod, then it's worthless. Most avatars are copy/mod, but once and a while you'll come across one that isn't.

thats what i do for my avatars... if they make the furry avatars modifiable then ill cut and paste all sorts of parts from all sorts of avatars to get the avatar i really want.

i have a nice little sandbox and group of friends on sl that give away REALLY REALLY NICE fur av.s that are full permission, modify copy and transfer.

my goat av. on sl is actually a mesh of reindeer horse and demon avatars. then i have a cute little cabbit avatar that i modded to an intense level, it has about seven different avatars in it as well as parts i built entirely myself.  

Jungle Boots

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:25 pm
You know, I've been considering trying IMVU as well.

Yes... me on IMVU. No, I'm not mad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:24 pm
my sl name is Baracuda Etzel.
I've spent so much money on that place, it rocks so hard.

Mr woman

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items