PS_MP
Recon_Ninja_985
PS_MP
Recon_Ninja_985
spoonz mcdoogle

I killed a bufo toad today with one but I had to put 3 shots in him to kill him. xp
I think this same scenario can be applied to .22lr vs humans.

except it would probably take 20

.22lr is a great round, light (ammo and weapon system), easy recoil, easy to get back on target for a second shot, great penetration (will defeat body armor that a 9mm won't), and will bring down any game you want (provided you're not trying to kill a bear with it. It takes practice and may take more than one shot, but it will bring down a deer and can kill a bobcat or whatever predators you would have issues with, with the exception of a few), and is very capable of killing a human. Recently there have been more and more assassins or hit men for a lack of better term, using this caliber. the penetration is high and the weapons that fire the round can typically be completely silenced with the exception of the sounds the action makes when it operates. A simple controlled pair or double tap will take down a human with ease in this caliber.
oh, you mean .223, then yes that would be quite accurate.

because if you really meant .22lr you'd know that it makes killing anything larger than a rabbit 50 times more difficult. and no, 9mm has superior penetration compared to .22lr. and neither of them will pierce armor...

to me it seems like you're just joking about the whole thing, theres no way you can be serious about what you just said,surely.

read this, maybe it will open your eyes a little... "b***h,why you shoot me?" all three were shot with .22lr, the home owners survived and the perp took one directly into his brain and was still able to ask them why they shot him....and DIED A DAY LATER.

...and this my friends is why .22lr can never ever ever EVER be trusted as a defensive, or offensive cartridge. these people were lucky

The majority of the statement was sarcasm. A .22 will kill a human, if not on site it will do the job later. The use of a survival weapon and it's caliber should all depend on where you are, availability of game and threats. if you are going to have threats that are bears you should consider something more than even a .223, but then you will be limiting you're ammo capacity and increasing your weight drastically. I personally would take a .22lr suppressed, the suppressor would keep the round from breaking the sound barrier, which is the point at which it fragments upon impact with water, so you can even shoot fish in shallows if there is a body of water nearby (this is of course useless if you have a fishing pole and tackle as well. shooting fish, not the rifle and suppressor optional on that point as well). Small game would be all you needed to go after if you are in a survival situation, provided you won't be stuck for over a month or so. It all depends on the person, their capabilities and the area. There is nothing set in stone.
protip: suppressors do not stop bullets from breaking the sound barrier. you have to use ammunition that is already going slower than the speed of sound in order for a suppressor to work. the supressor muffles escaping gases only, not the crack of a supersonic bullet as it cuts through the air.

only hollow points fragment in water... but any round nose or fmj is going to travel quite a few feet staying perfectly intact... granted it might veer slightly in a different direction.