Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Funny things your pet does Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am
Zaahina
One of my horses is really snuggly, but only if he's doing the snuggling. He doesn't really like people to snuggle to him, but he loves to snuggle to people. He also likes to put his nose on my back or shoulder whenever I'm crouched over doing something.

Lol, my dog does that... When we first got him, Romeo was really stand-offish. He's started getting much, much better about that, but he's still pretty... picky, I guess? When he wants attention, he WANTS it. He'll jump up in your lap and start giving you kisses. He'll plant his head in your lap or on the laptop keyboard until you pet him. He'll try to get you to play tug-of-war with him... But, when he DOESN'T want attention, he will NOT put up with any sort of affection. He'll even go so far as to kicking if I try to pick him up when he's not "in the mood"... Lol. Except, he's ALWAYS in the mood for tug-of-war. All it takes to get on his good side is to pick up his tug-of-war rope and shake it. xD

My tortoise is... Erm.. Insane. She's obsessed with wedging herself into the little tiny space between her warm side hide and the wall of her enclosure. She has taken to following me (as well as she can within the confines of her enclosure) looking for yummy treats (since I tend to give her a bite of clover whenever I pass the tub... lol). Oh, and she's tried to eat my fingers several times. She throws tantrums when she misses a meal--even if it's just by a few hours. If I don't wake up to turn on her lights on time, she'll always be awake and sitting under the basking light waiting for it to turn on when I get up.

She will absolutely NOT let me know that she enjoys her new sphagnum moss hide (the only burrowing opportunity she gets until she's been tested and treated for parasites). Whenever I try to talk her into going inside, she throws a fit and runs to hide on her warm side... But there have been several times that I've come home from school to find her scrunched up in the moss hide. She always promptly leaves it and ignores it for the rest of the day, though. Almost as if she's embarrassed to get caught inside of it. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 am
Wow I've heard a lot of things Monkey does. I think he does the cutest growl and if you cross your legs and there's a foot off the ground he acts like a mean lil dog but his but wags and his growl makes you laugh. He also loves to follow people in the bathroom and watch you and sometimes just peak in then dash off. He loves to move the pillows and his furniture around and has a bone yard by my computer desk. LoL  

JennySpookehGirl

Interesting Genius

8,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 pm
My rabbit pulls magazines off my bookshelf. >w<  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 pm
JennySpookehGirl
Wow I've heard a lot of things Monkey does. I think he does the cutest growl and if you cross your legs and there's a foot off the ground he acts like a mean lil dog but his but wags and his growl makes you laugh. He also loves to follow people in the bathroom and watch you and sometimes just peak in then dash off. He loves to move the pillows and his furniture around and has a bone yard by my computer desk. LoL

Lol!!! The foot thing just reminded me of my first dog and his complete loathing for swings. He was a BIG boxer (my 100 lb lapdog) and he was WAY protective of all kids, whether they were "his" or not.

Whenever we would swing on the swing set in the back yard, he would start barking frantically and chasing our feet.. Lol. He did this, too, whenever we took him for a walk to the school's playground. It got him in trouble once, because some jackass kid didn't listen when I told him not to swing near me and the dog, and Simba accidentally bit down too hard on the kid's foot while trying to "save" him from the swing set. >.<

I never could figure out if he was just playing or genuinely trying to save us from the "evil" swing sets. (Because, of course you know, all swing sets conspire to eat children!) xD  

Foofy_Miru

JennySpookehGirl

Interesting Genius

8,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm
They really eat kids? I want one >,> There's a few in this neighbourhood that could need a nibble. Yeah my puppy acts so mean to feet but its all an act I meanhard to take him seriously when he's wiggling his butt LoL  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm
JennySpookehGirl
They really eat kids? I want one >,> There's a few in this neighbourhood that could need a nibble. Yeah my puppy acts so mean to feet but its all an act I meanhard to take him seriously when he's wiggling his butt LoL

Well, sure! After torturing them for a while, that is. That's why they strap you in to their seats and fling you around. They like their prey to regurgitate all icky, partially-digested stomach contents prior to consumption... Because, lord knows, all those icky sugary candy items give swing sets really bad tummy aches!!! xD

Awww, so cuuute! <3  

Foofy_Miru

PythonHandler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:22 pm
All my animals do silly things. gonk
Heres one, soon after she was hatched, she decided she loved swimming while eating:
User Image

She didn't do it a second time, but it was funny to watch. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm
Wow talk about "All right dinner then a bath" or making sure it was all clean and so was snakey -nod- that's the way to do it I mean Racoons wash their hands too.  

JennySpookehGirl

Interesting Genius

8,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 pm
One of my newest additions, Papaya the rat, is OBSESSED with shoulders. When I get her out, the first place she goes is my shoulders. If I try to hold her in my hands or let her walk on my forearms instead, she'll claw the crap out of me trying to get to my shoulder... Once she's up there, though, she calms right down and just sits. Silly rat!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff