Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
ATTENTION ALL LEGION MEMBERS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

was this a good idea?
  yes!
  no!
View Results

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:45 pm
hi, everyone i'm trying to advertize the legion of helpers and need some help explaining us! any of the crew want to put in a good word? here's the link to my topic!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guilds/legion-of-helpers-guild-needs-active-members/t.52212895/  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:29 pm
well, if this happens then we at least need one new VC...crews barely have the power to do anything except enforce.  

Ronzalpha201

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:54 pm
The above statement isn't entirely correct.. Your standard member has the option. To run contests, threads etc. Creating more activity in the guild. Anyone can do this regardless of rank. A crew member has the added option of inviting people to the guild. On occasion enforcing the rules yes. Though, enforcement is something. That no good leader has in the for front of there mind. We can also move, delete and edit threads. Vice Captains and Captains have the same options. With the added options of creating new sub-forums as well as locking and deleting entire sub-forums. Something a Vice and Captain can do that others can not. Is promoting or demoting members of the guild. While as a Crew member, you can only demote members from Member to Banned. Unfortunately, this system is slightly broken. Not that this option is used more than maybe a few times a year at most. A crew member doesn't have the option of pardoning someone who has been banned. This normally isn't a problem with most guilds. As there is usually an active Vice or Captain frequenting the guild. In this case however, all people holding those ranks. Only check this place on occasion. Leading to the obvious need as Ron recommend. To promote a new person to Vice status.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:13 am
if this place needs a vc i could do it, i have a lot of guild ownership experience i own 2 of my own and i'm active everyday! although for how long or when's random, but at least i make the effort so you can count on me when the going gets tough! i'm not saying i'm better or anything like that, just that i'm loyal is all! 4laugh i hope i don't sound offensive to anyone, i get that a lot! sweatdrop anyways, i got some great ideas for contests and games! i already put my question game up a while back and it's still going strong so yay! blaugh i just want to help though so whatever's fine with me, good luck to us all everyone! whee  

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 am
Vampire Countess Yuffie
if this place needs a vc i could do it, i have a lot of guild ownership experience i own 2 of my own and i'm active everyday! although for how long or when's random, but at least i make the effort so you can count on me when the going gets tough! i'm not saying i'm better or anything like that, just that i'm loyal is all! 4laugh i hope i don't sound offensive to anyone, i get that a lot! sweatdrop anyways, i got some great ideas for contests and games! i already put my question game up a while back and it's still going strong so yay! blaugh i just want to help though so whatever's fine with me, good luck to us all everyone! whee

yes, but you'll need to contact the Captain herself. VC's cannot promote you to VC for some reason...i tried pestering them (or rather anochaa) via AIM and emails...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 am
LanceCalvis
The above statement isn't entirely correct.. Your standard member has the option. To run contests, threads etc. Creating more activity in the guild. Anyone can do this regardless of rank. A crew member has the added option of inviting people to the guild. On occasion enforcing the rules yes. Though, enforcement is something. That no good leader has in the for front of there mind. We can also move, delete and edit threads. Vice Captains and Captains have the same options. With the added options of creating new sub-forums as well as locking and deleting entire sub-forums. Something a Vice and Captain can do that others can not. Is promoting or demoting members of the guild. While as a Crew member, you can only demote members from Member to Banned. Unfortunately, this system is slightly broken. Not that this option is used more than maybe a few times a year at most. A crew member doesn't have the option of pardoning someone who has been banned. This normally isn't a problem with most guilds. As there is usually an active Vice or Captain frequenting the guild. In this case however, all people holding those ranks. Only check this place on occasion. Leading to the obvious need as Ron recommend. To promote a new person to Vice status.

rolleyes
ok, enforcing and organizing and sending out invitations. that's a better definition. in fact, i bought a guild from kylie herself....and i have complete control over it...i mean, i would launch it, but i don't have the time...
(sry for double posting)  

Ronzalpha201

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:20 am
Ronzalpha201
Vampire Countess Yuffie

yes, but you'll need to contact the Captain herself. VC's cannot promote you to VC for some reason...i tried pestering them (or rather anochaa) via AIM and emails...

okay, i'll try to! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 pm
I guess what i can do to be fair is open a poll and let people that think they would be good vc's make there statement and get voted on what say yee?  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

Milliani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm
xxstratus_affectionxx
I guess what i can do to be fair is open a poll and let people that think they would be good vc's make there statement and get voted on what say yee?

Never hurts to try ^.^ I would say.

And greetings to you Strat.. hows its going?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:54 pm
have your shot at being vc click here to go to the page  

xxstratus_affectionxx
Captain

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:43 am
xxstratus_affectionxx
have your shot at being vc click here to go to the page

cool, i sent in my application! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:40 pm
You've definitely been the most active and productive member in the guild lately Yuffie. I can say this, because I've been logging in every day for some time. So I know who is posting and who is not.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Shizuma Sama Etoile

700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:38 pm
LanceCalvis
You've definitely been the most active and productive member in the guild lately Yuffie. I can say this, because I've been logging in every day for some time. So I know who is posting and who is not.

thanks lance! 4laugh  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff