Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
Sweep -- a book series. Anyone read it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anorectic-Pandas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:54 pm
@Morgandria

I don't know if I should make an actual topic, but I have a question.
How do Gardnerian Wiccans (in general) view homosexuality?
I've heard from Gardnerians that Gardner was homophobic and believed that humans should be heterosexual.
Is that true, and does that effect the Gardnerians themselves?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:17 pm
Anorectic-Pandas
@Morgandria

I don't know if I should make an actual topic, but I have a question.
How do Gardnerian Wiccans (in general) view homosexuality?
I've heard from Gardnerians that Gardner was homophobic and believed that humans should be heterosexual.
Is that true, and does that effect the Gardnerians themselves?

Speaking as a non-heterosexual, and a Gardnerian...it's really a non-issue. As long as the correct polarity and core practices of Wicca are maintained, your own sexual preferences and activities are none of Wicca's business. If a person is unwilling or incapable of bearing male-female physical contact, it's unlikely, however, that British Traditional Wicca will be a path they can pursue.

Gardner's opinions on homosexuality were his own, and shouldn't be construed as the opinions of Wicca or Wiccans in general.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm
Morgandria
Jonathonn
Morgandria -- After reading everything over, I do admit I was wrong.
My apologies. I'm sorry to say my only resources are my copy of Wicca for Beginners, what few books are available at the library, and the internet, which cannot always be trusted. I have been misinformed, and thus I apologize. If it makes you any happier, I will gladly use the title "Eclectic Pagan". Such a thing does not bother me at all... I just simply thought I was following that of a wiccan path as paganism is such a large umbrella term, and my theologic beliefs are the same as Wicca.
And I understand I live in a fairly populated city, but it is rather hard to find..anything, in this city. You said I have more resources..If by any chance you know of any in my city for whatever reason, I would be thrilled to know them.
To put it simply I am not sure, but I believe the day I posted my replies was a fairly bad one. he days at this time have been jumping from great to horrid, it's hard to keep track. Anger is shortlived, I had no right to take it out on anyone, and I think that is what I did. So my apologies for that, as well. I am hoping this can be put behind us -- I'm happy to have learned something at the very least.

Apology accepted. I am glad you took the time to rethink things. I truly wasn't condemning you or your practice. smile

I honestly don't know of anything in Windsor offhand, simply because I've never lived that far south. But if you are still Seeking when you get older, my sister coven is just across the border in Detroit.

No doubt that I will be, or so I believe. I've never fallen into fads or anything, I usually just let things come, and they stick. This may be different, but then again, only time shall tell. I feel bad about this, you could just say a lot has been happening pissing me off recently. It happens to all of us. Anyways, thanks for the tip. Do you think I'll be able to contact you come the time I am of age (4 years from now), to get the info on her coven?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm
The coven's name is Wyllow Rose, in Warren, MI - you can look up their profile on Witchvox.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Wicked_StarQueen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm
As a purely fictional/fantasy book I personally loved the series and am in the process of trying to get my library to get it >.> biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 pm
It vaguely caught my eye. I suppose I'll get around to read it, but from what I've noticed the characters are stereotyped.  

RubyLight

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 am
I read it when I was 14. It was interesting at the time. I only owned 4 books and they were pretty much out of order. x.x

I decided to give them away when I realized how fluffy they were and how the writing was actually crap.

But I don't think Sweep makes mentions of Wicca or Wiccans..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm
Well, the UK editions aren't called "Sweep". They're called - wait for it - "Wicca".

Oh my, yes. xp  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Well, the UK editions aren't called "Sweep". They're called - wait for it - "Wicca".

Oh my, yes. xp
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
oh wow.

o.o

What gets me is on Cate Tiernan's website is that she claims to not be Wiccan, but named her book Wicca? Or was that the publisher's idea?
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 pm
No idea. *shrug*  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games