Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Sims2 dresser issues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stupid dressers
They're evil things
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They eat people
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
There's nothing wrong with dressers
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
My cat hides in my dresser
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 pm
So, I was FINALLY able to get my Seasons CDR fixed up and redownload it today. It's all working great, except for the dressers.
Whenever I attempt to click a dresser, boolprop freaks out and does the "[something here], reset, delete".

I'm not sure what to do.

I'm thinking about turning off the boolprop in the SeeThem2, but I'm not sure if that would fix the problem if I turned it back on or not.
I've gotten extremely used to playing with boolprop on, and so I'm at a standstill here.

Help?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:53 am
The only way you are going to be able to stop the message popping up is if you turn debug mode (boolProp) off.

The main idea of debug mode is to report errors that happen. Sometimes the game continues to function even if an error is thrown but there is no way around it if debug mode keeps throwing error messages at you.

You can always turn it on again at a later date after testing to see if turning it off effects anything.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 pm
Okay, I undid debug mode.

And now they CAN use dressers and the Shop At Home Rack, but there are bugs.

o1. I can't have them click on it multiple times without the first thing going away.
ie. having a stack of commands.
o2. After they're finished with what they're doing, they reset themselves in a different position and everything.
o3. They cannot 'Plan Outfit'. That option is completely gone.

I've downloaded the patch for Seasons, and I have the patches for Freetime and Apartment Life.
I'm not sure what to do about this.

I've deleted and then redowloaded the Shop At Home Rack to see if that would fix it, and it did nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 pm
In situations like this the only suggestion at this point is to take out ALL of your custom content and then run the game to see if the problem is still there.

If it goes away, it is something in your downloads and you will need to hunt it down and remove it or update it.

If the problem stays then your game files have become corrupted and you will need to reinstall your game.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:04 pm
I did as said, and took out all the CC except CEP, and discovered it is in fact CC causing the problem.

My next question is if anyone has any way that would be easy for me to figure out what it would be that is causing the issue?

Is it possible for it to be clothing, or would it just be items?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm
I highly doubt it would be clothing but sometimes you never can tell where Sims programing is involved.

The technique I know of is to split your downloads into two folders. Put one folder back in and run your game. (This process takes a very long time unfortunately).
If the problem isn't there then all of those files are safe and you can try the other folder. But take the first folder out first.
If the problem does come back then you take those files out again and split them into two once more.
Keep splitting the problem files and testing them until you should end up with only a handful of files which should pinpoint the problem file.

You could also search Google for the 'Sims 2 hack conflict detector' which should tell you if you have any files that try and alter the same stuff which can cause problems.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 pm
That sounds incredibly long, but I'm willing to do it. Thank you very much.
I'll probably post it if I find it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:00 am
Here are more detailed steps if you need them.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem-Back_Up  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 am
I FINALLY figured out what it was.

The Inteenimater. I didn't put the zzzzz file in the right place and it was screwing with my whole game. o__o;

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games