Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:30 am
STARTING YOUR INVENTORY

This is a question I have been asked numerous times over and over. If your having problems trying to figure out what to buy first, you have some to the right place. If you have ever wanted to ask what do I buy first, or how should I start my inventory you have come to the right place.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:41 am
GETTING STARTED

+ First and most important is hair color, hair color plays a big part. Black is the easiest way to go. If you dont want black I highly suggest starting with blonde, dark blue or red as those are the easiest to match color wise for a cheap price. If you get into other colors, you will be paying more for your items wich is rough when you are starting out.

+The secondthing you must ask yourself is what do you want to go for over all style wise? This is an important thing to know, because it will help you determine what type of items you will need.

+The first thing you must ask yourself is what colors do you want to use the most of. My suggestion is to pick your favorite color or look around at the items and see what you like color wise based on the them. [ ITEM LIST ]

+secondly make sure you have some black and white basics. Black and white is important because thier are alot of these colored items, alot of them can also be bought fairly cheap.

+Start with cheap item basics. This is a good rule for newbies because as a newbie it is rough because we want want want, but income is slow.

+Once you get some basics in this is where you can start saving to work in some bigger more exspensive items.

+You can also play around with the Dream Avatar Creator to see what you can do with the items you have selected and how they will look before you make a purchase.

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:00 am
FEMALE ITEMS
S U G G E S T E D . I T E M S

FFemales have it alot harder then males in my personal opinion. Even though in the end its better to be female starting off is rough. We have more items and more combinations wich makes it hard to decide what to get.

WHAT TO START OFF WITH

SHOES
Shoes are important, when starting off my suggestion is to make your first pair either black, white or a pair of black and white since they will help you balance either or both colors.

SOCKS TIGHTS
Socks and tights are cheap. Pick up a few pairs here and there when you can, pick the tights/socks based on your color/theme wants and needs.

LOWER BODY
Pants, Skirts Ect. Alot of our skirts are cheap and come in different colors. Pick A Color that you want of a cheap skirt and work it into your outfit. Then use a pair of white or black pants under it for layering.

UPPER BODY
Pick upper body items based off of what you have thus far. Upper Body will help tie in the right amount of balance you will need to start off.

ECT.
Belts. Gloves. Hand Helds. Salon Hair. Jewlery Ect. There are your last priorites since these are your accessories, a few to start out is nice but focus on these last.

SAMPLE NEWBIE INVENTORY
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

TOTAL: 6,081g [ Possibly cheaper if you find deals in the market place/Also you dont need all these exact itemsyou may want different ones this is just an idea as what you can do on a cheap budget]

LISTED IN ORDER PICTURED
BARTON BOTIQUE: Black Checker Skirt [450], Gray Peasant Gloves [95], Charcoal Velcro Sandals [250]

MTV SUNSET COUTURE Ruffled Pink Dress [50], Celebrity Mini Skirt [50], Long Black Sparkle Top [50]

GAMBINO OUTFITTERS: White Ruffled Top [303], Red Flex Top [415]

GAMBINO HAT RACK: Black Checker Cap [200], White Hachimaki [780]

BARTON JEWLERS: Yellow Neck Ribbon [250]

DUREM DEPOT: Yellow Punk Sock [380], Slotted Black Pants [1,555]

H.R. WESLEY: White Mid Sock [200]

CRATE & APPAREL: Castaway Rust Shorts [250], Green Grecian Sandles [300], Anti-Fashion Blue Anti-Accessory [323], Cloud Zebra Top [140]

If you want to try to use the market place the tektek.org items list gives direct links to shops and direct searches to the marketplace.

SAMPLE OUTFITS USING THIS INVENTORY
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
These Are All Very Basic Outfits And Have Lots Of Room For Expansion.

STARTER SETS
Starter sets are now available on gaia, they also only cost 2-5 gold each in various shops [just sort by price]. Starter sets are a great way to start your inventory, just remember don't wear the whole set and remember to still mix and match.

Below are some examples of how you can mix these items in with starter set items.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:02 am
MALE ITEMS
S U G G E S T E D . I T E M S

Courtesy of King Lunchbox

I’ll have to agree with candycrack when she says that girls have it harder than guys when it comes to creating an avatar. If anything, creating an avatar for a male has become much easier now than when Gaia first started with almost every item being unisex now, but I’m not saying that it’s easy to make a nice looking avatar for a guy.

STARTING OFF:
When you’re starting off on creating your first avatar, you’re going to want to start off simple. Go with, say, 5-1o items. Keep your colors and items simple. Easy colors to use on Gaia are always going to be your neutrals such as black, white, and gray, along with colors such as red, blue, navy blue, and brown. I’d say those seven colors are the easiest to use on Gaia for us guys, and many items have those colors in them. Keeping the items simple means use items that have only one or two colors on them.

ITEMS:
Starting off, you are more than likely not going to have much, so hopefully with this part I can give you some ideas on what items will be good to start of with, and won’t be more than 1,5oo G so there won’t be huge whole in your pocket. I’m not going to get into how to choose your items, as candycrack did a good job of that and that I feel it’s pretty similar for the guys to pick items as she explained it. So, fellas, go above to the suggested female items for tips to pick items.

____Starter Sets
• The Starter Set items can be great, and not to mention incredibly cheap. They were something that were implemented so newer members could have some nice clothing when they started, instead of running around in their underwear for a week or so. Some of the better Starter Set clothing that fit into what I’m trying to help with would have to be:

User ImageNeutral Starter Sandals [2 G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageNeutral Starter Skater Guy Set [Each item is 5 G, the whole set is 15 G]
User ImageNeutral Hip Starter Shoes [2 G]
User ImageNeutral Starter Surfer Girl Flip-Flops [5 G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageAll of the Neutral and Cool Punk Starter Sets [Each item is 2 G, both sets together cost 12 G]
User ImageNeutral Starter Dress Slacks [2 G]
User ImageNeutral Starter Dress Shoes [2 G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageNeutral Starter Glam Guy Set [Each item is 5 G, the whole set is 15 G]
User ImageWarm Starter Glam Guy Dress Shoes [5 G]
User ImageNeutral Starter Urban Guy Vest [5 G]
User ImageNeutral Starter Rocker Guy Shoes [5 G]
User ImageCool Starter Rocker Guy Shoes [5 G]

• For the most part, those are all the Starter Set clothing that is pretty easy to use and to incorporate. They are usually one toned, but there are some that are some that have two tones, such as the punk sets and then the glam guy coat in the glam guy set.

____Lower Body
• The lower body items consist of shoes, socks, pants/shorts, any type of long johns or leggings, and skirts (Yes, skirts.). Time to break it down and show some good starting items in this category.

Shoes
User ImageCharcoal Velcro Sandals [25o G]
User ImageBlue Loafers [465 G]
User ImageDark Leather Moccasins [55o G]
User ImageRadicool Blackout Trim Shoes [569 G]
User ImageKoNfUzEd ReD sHoEz [65o G]
User ImageBeat Slim Black Shoes [2oo G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageThe Phat Sneakers [Red =75o G, Gray=7oo G, Blue=7oo G]
User ImageBlue Flame Shoes [325 G]
User ImageSLIK Shoes [1,1oo G]

Socks
User ImageBlack Tabi [6oo G]
User ImageClassic Partition Socks [3oo G]
User ImageLong Black Socks [15o G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageClass Socks [Red, Black, and White=25o G]
User ImageKoNfUzEd MoNoChRoMe ToE sOx [4o4 G]
User ImageChairo Cache Socks [1,2oo G]

Pants/Shorts
User ImageRadicool Blackout Trim Shorts [3o G]
User ImageDark Leather Native Pants [721 G]
User ImageDark Trousers [9oo G]
User ImageBrown Torque Pants [1,14o G]
User ImageThe 4th Amigo Lucki Pants [25 G]
User ImageButtoned Down Feather Pants [595 G]
User ImageCharcoal Ribbed Pants [425 G]
User ImageGung Xi Pants [55o G]
User ImageRed Tiger Pants [95o G]

Leggings/Long Johns/Underwear
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageLongjohns [Red, Blue, and Gray=55o G]
User ImageBerry Snug Lacy Leggings [2 G]
User ImageStriped Boxers [1,oo3 G]
User ImageRed Snowflake Boxers [1,2oo G]
User ImageShade Ghost Hunter Jumpsuit [1,5oo G]
User ImageUser ImageWool Top [Black= 765 G and White =765 G]

Skirts
User ImageIcy Snug Balloon Skirt [2 G]
User ImageUser ImageKilts [Red and Blue = 1,ooo G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageBasic Skirt [Hot=3oo G, Brownie=31o G, and Cool=31o G]
User ImageButtoned Down Fauna Skirt [695 G]

____Upper Body
• Your upper body items are going to involve shirts, vests, and jackets.

Shirts
User ImageSkeleton Shirt [2o5 G]
User ImageDark Leather Native Top [89o G]
User ImageGray Torque Top [1,25o G]
User ImageUser ImageDon’t Ask Don’t Tell Shirts [Gray=66o G and Brown=66o G]
User ImageThe 4th Amigo Lucki Shirt [35 G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageZoot Suit Shirts [Brown, Black, and White=44o G]
User ImageButtoned Down Fauna Shirt ‘n’ Sweater [795 G]
User ImageCloud Zebra Top [14o G]
User ImageCastaway White Shirt [1oo G]

Vests
User ImageUser ImageSports Vests [Black and White both=1,2oo G]
User ImageBlack Vest [5oo G]

Jackets
User ImageThe 4th Amigo Lucki Coat [3o G]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageZoot Suit Carlango [Black, Brown, and White=1,5oo G]
User ImageUser ImageCastaway Jacket [Stone and Wash=3oo G]

____Accessories
• I’m not going to go in-depth into these items, since there are way too many different kinds to suggest using. But these items consist of your belts, wristbands, anklets, wallets, bags, purses, hats, headbands, eye wear, jewelry, weapons, wigs, etc. It’s usually best to work these in after you have taken care of the areas above.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
Alright! Now that we have an idea of some of the items we can start with, it's time to use our items to make a nice-ah lookin' avatar.To do this, we're going to set up a mock inventory of someone who would have been here on Gaia for about a few weeks.

____The Mock Inventory
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image*User Image*User Image*User Image*User Image

• *These items, in the order they appear are:
User ImageBlue Ski Hat [425 G]
User ImageThose Black 90s Gloves [98o G]
User ImageWhite Hachimaki [78o G]
User ImageEmo Glass [1,4oo G]

• Now to show a few examples of what you could do with this inventory:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

LAST WORDS:
Now that everything is all said and done, you should now have an idea where to start. Gaia has plenty of items, so explore them and give them a shot to make them work. The most important thing to remember when creating an avatar is to make it you, and it's best you try to impress yourself before you try to impress the Avatar Talk and other people of Gaia.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100