Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Refusal of 100 dollar bills Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D-CheRRyFluffer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:40 am
I've never been lucky enough to have a hundred dollar note, that my mother let me actually have, but it'd take a hell of a lot more effort to fake it with the money here, because the ten and hundred dollar notes are two completely different colours.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 pm
Kawaii Koala Bear
I've never been lucky enough to have a hundred dollar note, that my mother let me actually have, but it'd take a hell of a lot more effort to fake it with the money here, because the ten and hundred dollar notes are two completely different colours.
Long live monopoly moneys  

the_underworks

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 am
Most of the time I just put all my hundreds in the bank. I only every have forty or fifty dollars on me at one time. Unless I need to get a money order or something. The few times I have been left with hundreds I tend to spend it on video games.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 am
You do realise you have a say in what bills you want you check cashed in, right?

Anyway, I never have this problem because I hardly ever cash my paychecks. They go right in the bank. I hardly ever have cash on me. Oh, the joys of the plastic age. Even if I do cash it, I have the sense to tell them how I want my sum.

MortSanglant

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:12 pm
the only time i ever kept a hundred, i was happy to find out that michaels accepted them. makes sense. the prices can get pretty high, but it's the only crafts store around here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 pm
Angel of the End
It's because it is really easy to turn a $10 bill into a $100 bill. You can check by holding it up to the light and reading the little strip of paper placed inside the bill. Once a dude I met who works at Wendy's had that happen to him, the guys in the car sped away, but got caught later and stuff.

So yeah, it's because so many people fake the money... and because of proper change, alot of places do not accept $100
Oh, you silly Americans with your single-colour money.

In Canada, $10 bills are purple, and $100 bills are brown. In America, you just have the faces of your presidents. Although I hope your mint wasn't dumb enough to use the face of the same president on both $10 and $100 bills...

I am, however, proud that you have attempted a $1 coin, and pink $20s.

Our Monopoly Money > Your boring green.

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Sugar Tree

Fake, worthless money is better than cash...?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:27 am
I've never had a problem with hundred dollar bills. Once I even spent one at a Goodwill to get four dollars worth of cheap knock off nerf guns. XD  

PetreyDish

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 am
Sugar Tree
Oh, you silly Americans with your single-colour money.

In Canada, $10 bills are purple, and $100 bills are brown. In America, you just have the faces of your presidents. Although I hope your mint wasn't dumb enough to use the face of the same president on both $10 and $100 bills...

I am, however, proud that you have attempted a $1 coin, and pink $20s.

Most recently American money has been becoming more colourful.

Though I just wish all countries would assimilate to one currency. That would be one less international travel hassle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:25 pm
Tell them to go get ********, your money is just as good, and the only reason they shouldn't take your money is if they physically don't have enough change in the drawer to give you full amount back.

Next time, get ten bucks in nothing but pennies.
Before you go shopping with them, be sure to take them out of the paper casings in front of the cashier so he/she can count them.  

Xahmen

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:44 pm
MortSanglant

Most recently American money has been becoming more colourful.

Though I just wish all countries would assimilate to one currency. That would be one less international travel hassle.

It'd still be a hassle, due to different economies.

Were you to "assimilate," as you put it, you'd run into one of two situations:

- You go to so-and-so country, and suddenly, let's say socks, are outrageously expensive, compared to this other country...

or

- Economies level out and trade begins to become less effective.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff