Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
Silver Ravenwolf Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pebble in my shoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
(forgive me if this sounds scathing; I'm quite pissed off at other folks right now. The anger is not a direct at you wink )

I loathe Ravenwolf. I really don't think there is any bigger distributor of assholery and misinformation than she. I wouldn't even line a birdcage with her crap.

Sure, she may be easy to read and the things in her books easy to learn, but neither of those means a damn thing if everything one learns is WRONG!

These are essays I link to when someone asks what's so bad about Ravenwolf. Enjoy them if you want.
The Problem With Silver Ravenwolf
Tarnished Silver: Why I Don't Recommend Silver Ravenwolf
Why We Despise Silver Ravenwolf

I agree wholeheartedly, and please, read those, it's from the previous SRW thread, it says a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Wicca is a fertility-based faith. The rituals involve sexually-themed aspects that are illegal when done to or in the presence of a minor. First degree initiation alone would involve the HP giving the Five-fold Kiss which includes kissing your pubic area.

User Image
User Image

I am familiar with this i've heard of it before. like i said im close to becoming 18 but also it doesnt matter the only wiccans ive heard about in my area went to my school and none of them were part of a coven.

i Do have a list of books now though, and im guessing they are creditable because i got it from scorplett as nattfodd suggested. im going to continue what i can of my studies through that list until i can find a coven and trust me by the time i find a coven i will probably be in my 20s

User Image  

x-moon-x-daughter-x

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 pm
x-moon-x-daughter-x

I am familiar with this i've heard of it before. like i said im close to becoming 18 but also it doesnt matter the only wiccans ive heard about in my area went to my school and none of them were part of a coven.

That's nice. Now can you explain to me what kind of authority those schoolmates possessed that rendered the words of the religion's creator null and void?
The "Wikkinz" you went to school with are not actually Wiccan if they do not meet the criteria to take on the title. People outside of a tradition do not have a single drop of authority to change the inside of a tradition.
The people who went to your school were, at best, Eclectic Neo-pagans with Wicca flavouring.
Kind of like how you can't claim to be a doctor without receiving the proper schooling, and burger-flippers can't really do a damn thing to get schools and such to change the specifications and requirements to be a doctor.
Is there something you're not understanding? I thought I had made this all pretty clear.

Quote:
i Do have a list of books now though, and im guessing they are creditable because i got it from scorplett as nattfodd suggested. im going to continue what i can of my studies through that list until i can find a coven and trust me by the time i find a coven i will probably be in my 20s

Yes, that is a good reading list. Scorplett is an HPS in the Alexandrian tradition.
And you make being in your 20s sound so old!  
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games