City
View Results

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 am
We have a lot of debates so I thought I'd add one.
Which do you prefer: Country Life or City Life?
Personally, I prefer Country life myself, because I've lived in a rural town my entire life. I'm surrounded by trees and hills and nature. There's not much traffic, and not nearly as many people as they are in the city... It's really quite peaceful down here.
I've visited a couple of cities, and truth be told, they kinda freaked me out. Most of the buildings in my town are one, maybe two floors, and seeing all those giant, multi-storied buildings and all the people roaming around, I kept thinking the town was going to collapse in on itself. The only good thing I noticed was the giant variety of items and things for sale in local malls, as well as the pair of museums I saw.

I don't mean to be mean to city-folk or anything. I just prefer the countryside.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 am
I'm a country girl too-and love for most of the same reasons. Although at times I do wish I didn't have to drive into town when I want or need something.

At college I walk everywhere so when I need to go to the store I'm constantly double checking the way for fear of getting lost.

Also-another country bonus-don't have to pay for the water or trash pick up. mrgreen  

0Moon_Maiden0

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 am
I'm a citygirl guy. I live in a crowded neighborhood and always have been. Not sure why, but I just don't like country-like areas. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:19 pm
Ah...How about Subburb? (Spelled wrong sorry!)
It's not really "Country" but not "City" either. More tranquil with everything you need near although driving distance. Peaceful people, unlike being in a city that's busy and loud and always in a rush. But not dead peaceful like a country.
I guess Subburb also can look different counting on where you live though. But I like it quite but not like...none-modernized. Or something I mean to say. -_-'  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 pm
I've only live in cities for my whole lifetime(which is not tt long biggrin ) So I cant make a fair comparison. Tho I seriously think things need to slow down a bit:/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:20 am
I'm husking corn while in front of the computer-that's how country I am. haha

Seriously-I am husking corn in between responses online.  

0Moon_Maiden0

0Doidle0

Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 pm
I'm fairly used to rural areas because they are modern yet still have plenty of trees and wild life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 am
i dont know if my place you can call a country but i love it here.. yeah its full of trees and litle buildings too.. i am also sitting in front of my computer drinking tea and eating wild nuts.. lols wink thats how country folk i am xD  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 am
2 Moon Maiden:
You don't have to pay for Water and Garbage pickup?!
I still do... sweatdrop

2 Moonlight:
I guess I should've added Suburb to the mix. I didn't even think of that...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am
I'm not really like an Uber country girl. I've just lived here most of my life.
... And I've gotten really good at breaking green beans as of late.

My great-grandma is super country though. She's 83 years old and still takes care of a small field, and still does her own canning... and still finds time to fix huge meals, go to church, and then come and bug everyone and tell us how to properly do things...

I don't know how she does it.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 am
Black_Angel_Flowne
2 Moon Maiden:
You don't have to pay for Water and Garbage pickup?!
I still do... sweatdrop

2 Moonlight:
I guess I should've added Suburb to the mix. I didn't even think of that...

Nope-got well water and we burn our trash.....even though-technically we're not suppose to.....but no one has complained since everyone around does it too.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games