Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How do you challenge yourself in the Sims?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you challenge yourself in the Sims?
  It's already a challenge!!
  Sometimes, when I get bored..
  All the time! It's fun!
View Results

black_cloud14

10,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 pm
I've recently aquired the Sims 2 and all it's expansions, and so far I've got uni, nightlife and family fun installed (i'm pacing myself). I'm still getting used to all the dynamics of the game, since the whole aging thing puts pressure on you to accomplish things, and the aspiration feature is all new compared to Sims 1.

After you've been a vet of the sims, it can get pretty easy. What kinds of things do you do to liven it up? How do you make the game something you actually need to work at? Here's my story:

So I made a new sim a few days ago, had her save up some money, get married, etc. They had their first baby, a boy.
Now like I said, i'm still getting used to the game, so i typically play it very easy, if I have children I space them faaar apart so I don't have to deal with it all at once, I find dealing with babies and newborns hard.
Well, I thought to myself, why not try a challenge! why not go for a second baby right away after the birth of the first? See if I can handle it!
The pregnancy was all well and good (not as funny as the first pregnancy, where she would get sick at any thought of food, I made her watch the yummy channel becuase it was funny.. yes i'm mean)

I wasn't planning on twins.

So, there I was, unfamiliar and unconfident, and stuck with three small children!
Don't worry, they all survived (with the help of a nanny), and are now happily grown into children (phew!). But it was touch and go there a couple times.

But I just wanted to see if other people had stories like this, and what kinds of things you do to keep the game interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:43 pm
I'm pretty experienced with having so many babies seeing as I like playing legacies and it's a necessity to push out a lot of babies before your Sims grow old.

What I personally find a challenge is playing Open For Business. I'm really not that good at maintaining a business, so if you ever try playing OFB, I wish you good luck. I have no idea how some people create 5 top-level businesses. Or maybe I'm just not very good at business to begin with. sweatdrop

I also find it a slight challenge to turn a Sim into a werewolf. Having to become good friends with the dog with glowing eyes is hard because they never return to my lot! gonk

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

black_cloud14

10,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 am
SilverMaple
I'm pretty experienced with having so many babies seeing as I like playing legacies and it's a necessity to push out a lot of babies before your Sims grow old.

What I personally find a challenge is playing Open For Business. I'm really not that good at maintaining a business, so if you ever try playing OFB, I wish you good luck. I have no idea how some people create 5 top-level businesses. Or maybe I'm just not very good at business to begin with. sweatdrop

I also find it a slight challenge to turn a Sim into a werewolf. Having to become good friends with the dog with glowing eyes is hard because they never return to my lot! gonk

I think OFB is next on my list to install (i'm trying to do them mostly in order, although I've got Family Fun stuff installed - I didn't realize it was way newer then Nightlife)

I'm pretty excited for that expansion. It's really hard though eh? I guess it takes a lot of time and generations to get good businesses going.

The whole generational thing is so cool to me, when sims 2 first came out I hated the idea of aging, which is why I never got it, but since getting it in June i've been so impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:44 pm
Usually I challenge it a bit by not using the rosebud/motherlode cheat and try to get promoted enough times to generate enough money to buy the things I'd like. Babies always keep things busy, too!  

ZeeCrazayHobo

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100

thatsimmergirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm
I like to take different challenges and smush them together - so prosperity, plus maybe making all the sims run businesses, plus legacy challenge-type play in all of the families.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games