Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] Could you show me the way to..? (Khuluma & Raiden) FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 pm
He watched the cub shrink back, and quietly wondered just how scary he was. Not that he really minded being scary, it's not like he ran around beating anyone up. "I don't think it's something that requires forgiving. " He shrugged. "I wasn't attempting to scare you, and though I guess it is my fault for triggering your fear, I have no control over it. " At least, not at that time. So he was guilty of sneaking up behind some people and being loud, but that was... a little different. "Now, if I had been intentionally freaking you out, then I would have apologized. " ... maybe.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 pm
He was glad that he had not angered Raiden, but while he wanted things to keep their friendly air, he couldn’t. Raiden was wrong, and he had to point out why. “Even though you might do something without the intent of doing something else, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be held responsible for what happens because of you. If I had been frightened by the thunder, would I have been at fault for, say, being startled enough to trip or accidently hurting myself. Anyone would say that it would not have been their fault, because in any other situation, they would have been fine. It was the thunder that caused their reaction. Since you caused the thunder, you would be at fault. It’s like someone pushing a rock that went down a hill to hurt someone. You had no control, but you started it, and that’s why you are responsible for what happened. Just because I didn’t hurt myself, you are still at fault for scaring me, even if you never meant to. Control or not, as a god of Thunder, you are responsible for what you do.” The god rose up on all fours as he spoke so that he did not seem small or weak in his defense of what he was saying. “…but thank you for being a friend. I know you didn’t mean any harm. You have helped me a lot, and that’s why I forgive you.  

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:55 pm
Gee, this kid really liked speaking. Raiden actually zoned out on most of that, rather focusing on the cub's very blond and silly hair. He wasn't sure he'd be capable of handling hair like that. How did this kid live with himself? He'd probably have to... actually take care of something like that. Ugh. Just a simple, normal mane was fine, thanks.

Though he actually didn't hear most of the cub's little speech, he still reached the end part, and his ear flicked with irritation. Again with the forgiving crap? He didn't need forgiving! "I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, then. " He shrugged nonchalantly, but didn't bother to pursue the subject anymore. He didn't agree with this Khuluma figure, and that was that!

... Hm the haven had gotten boring again. "So, do you know how to get out of this place on your own? " Because I'm just about ready to ditch it and not come back.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 pm
Khuluma twitched at the last statement, finding his ears go back and his eyes narrow. He hated that. “You can’t agree to disagree. You either disagree with what I’m saying or agree. There is no other area to go. ” How was that even possible! It was just lazy, and he hated that Raiden hadn’t bothered just to admit he agreed with him. He had ignored everything else that Raiden said. No, he did not know how to leave exactly, but that didn’t matter anymore. “Why don’t you think that I just made sense?” He stressed this point. He had to know. What did he say wrong that Raiden had not seen that he had been correct. If he knew, he could say why he was wrong. If they could agree to agree, then they could just settle the argument and he could go back to talking about how to leave.  

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm
Siiigh. "I'm not saying you don't make sense, what I'm arguing is no one has to agree with anyone, and if I disagree with you, and you disagree with me, and neither of us are about to budge on our opinions, then there's nothing we can do about it! " He hissed, ears flattening in annoyance. "Right, wrong, like, dislike, thoughts rely on opinion. Opinions can oppose, and though one may attempt to change another, there is no guarantee that it will happen. " He sighed, rubbing his face with a paw.

"So all there is left to do is agree to disagree, and move on with life. "

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:29 pm
This was aggravating. Raiden wasn’t making any sense, and he felt the god was being ridiculous. “That’d doesn’t make sense!” The very concept of it was just insane, and the fact that he was saying that there was no point was something he couldn’t bring himself to understand. Why was Raiden being mean to him?! “You said I made sense! Why can’t you agree with me if I made perfect sense? If two people have different opinions, it’s the job of someone else to change their mind. If you said I made sense, then you should agree with me. Why are you being stubborn?

It was clear he was getting upset, as he hunched, and wanted to pound his paws into the ice to make his point. He was frustrated that Raiden wasn't seeing his way after how hard he tried, and even more that he agreed with him, and yet didn't. The fact he was just letting it pass as if it was nothing also got to him. He was too easy going. Why didn't he care? What hurt him the most was while he wanted Raiden to remain, he also could not let him go with such a lazy response. It was either one way or the other. That was it! He had to take a side! Where did that leave Khuluma if he didn't know where Raiden stood?

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm
This kid must be some sort of idiot, huh? "Saying you make sense doesn't mean I agree or disagree, I'm just acknowledging the logic behind your statement. " Oh god, all this... intelligent talk was making his head hurt. "I don't have to agree with you neither do you have to agree with me, in which case we disagree and there's nothing we can do about it because neither of us are going to budge! "

He huffed. "You're the one being stubborn! I can live with the fact that you don't agree with me, yet you obviously cannot handle the possibility that I don't agree with you! If you can't even deal with that, I can't possibly imagine how you'll be able to cope with other gods! Especially not the bigger, meaner ones who'd have probably bitten your head off by now. " Because he was quite positive there were gods capable of such a feat. Besides the hair, Khuluma did have a pretty small head...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 pm
Raiden was getting angry with him, and he was loosing patience. He could teleport, and he would leave. That very thought worked at the back of Khuluma’s mind, but he couldn’t stop just then and there. It felt incomplete and broken to have something work out this way. It was Raiden’s fault for starting this. He was the one that had to make such a big deal about being forgiven, and here he was easily passing off the subject as if it didn’t matter. Why was he making this so hard for him? Why didn't he care.

I can’t stop it like this. Leaving it like this feels incomplete and lazy. I could handle it if you agree with me, I’d hate it if you disagree, but just saying you disagree without saying why when you can see the reasons why I can be right. What defense is that? How am I supposed to know what you are disagreeing with when you won’t say anything? Why? That’s all I want to know. What’s the reason why you disagree with me? There has to be one.” He didn’t want his head eaten off, or have Raiden hate him and leave, but just saying he didn’t agree without saying why was like saying you thought the sky was green because you felt that way. It had no backing to it. It made no sense. It was just out of the blue and someone just couldn’t throw a statement like that out there without him wanting to know why. Maybe he could live with that conclusion if he knew why he disagreed. What he was facing now was either winning or losing an argument, and keeping or losing a friendship.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 pm
"There doesn't have to be a reason! " He groaned. "And even then, you already know why I disagree with you, because I already stated my opinion on the matter, and I agree with that, and since your opinion contradicts my opinion, I can't agree with it! " For a moment, Raiden was very tempted to give this little blond nuisance a whack on the head and see if that would make some sort of understanding. However, he was quite sure it would just generate more arguing.

"Like I said, when two people, or more, disagree, and no party is going to budge, then there's nothing anyone can do about it, and everyone should just deal with it and move on with life! " Raiden scowled, why the heck was he still here? He should just dump this cub, if he was just going to keep it up. Mmmf. It would be so easy to just vanish and go... pester Ethi or something, maybe even that Peke-figure, but Rai decided to hang around just a bit more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:20 pm
But ..but…” It didn’t make sense. “Then how can there be two answers? Who’s right? It’s can be a tie. Is it…did we both fail in convincing the other person, or…we didn’t win. If I lost, what did I learn? You haven’t told me why I lost or why you win. No one’s did anything good, and if you won’t budge, then I should have learned something to improve. Since you said I made perfect sense, I had to have done something wrong to not convince you enough. What did I do wrong?” It didn’t make sense, and saying that neither one was budging meant that either one side wasn’t convincing enough. He didn’t feel he lost, but he didn’t win Raiden to his way of thinking either. If he was suppose to meet other gods to learn from them, then that meant he had to learn something from Raiden.

If I made a mistake, I want to learn what I did wrong.” The thought generally saddened and frustrated him, and he wanted to be better. How was he suppose to call himself a god of Rhetoric when he wasn’t even good at it? If he wasn’t good at an argument, he at least had to learn how to improve or have his opinion changed. Right? That’s how it worked.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:45 pm
"I haven't told you why you lost or why I won because neither of us won or lost. " Though he still talked, Rai seemed to be losing interest in arguing now. No longer impatient or angry, now it just seemed to be getting repetitive and clearly Khuluma wasn't going to be capable of grasping this concept.

"Look, this is getting redundant. And boring. " He rubbed his forehead with a paw. "We done now? I have better things to do. "

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 pm
Borning?! Redundant?! He didn’t get things that had no point, and he found it hard to understand when no one won or lost. “Well you’re just not making any sense. It’s not my fault you are being stubborn! I take it back. I don’t forgive you. You’re mean! ” He huffed, puffing up and opening his wings as he stood, glaring up at the other god for causing him such a headache. Not only did he make a lot of noise, he also didn’t even want to admit Khuluma was right or at least tell him what was making him disagree. Raiden probably didn’t know! He probably had no reason and didn’t want to admit it. As much as he was glad for the god helping him, he also didn’t like how he was treating him. “Go. I’m fine! Go make lots of noise someplace else. See if I care.” The little god turned about and sat, frowning as he hunched and stared at the dirt in front of his paws, letting his tails flick. Either Raiden would leave, and then realize he was wrong, or he would see it now. He just hoped he would come back and admit Khuluma was right, or at least give him an answer. If he didn’t, well, he was leaving this place anyway. He wouldn’t have to see him ever again! SO THERE!  

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:14 pm
Despite the situation and himself, Raiden smirked. Perhaps it was because he thought this was ridiculous, or the irony of not being the one throwing the tantrum was catching up to him. "Oh, yes. I'm the epitome of cruelty. " He rolled his eyes, yawned and stretched out calmly, taking his time.

"Good luck in the mortal realms! " Rai said cheerfully, smiling at the cub's back before vanishing from sight. He had some things to catch up on in the mortal realm... like a nap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:19 pm
Khuluma was left alone, and with nothing short of a weird and cheerful wish for luck from Raiden. It was so odd for him to consider that despite being frustrated with the god and finding him horrible, he also couldn’t hate him. While he had done nothing but confuse him and be utterly hopeless to talk to, the Thunder God had also taught him about the mortal world, gods, and what he could do if he left the God Haven. While he wished they could have talked more, he doubted he could handle it. He would have either kept on shouting until he was hoarse or just start crying out of how frustrating everything seemed. He also left him with this insane idea about not being wrong or right and this whole “agreeing to disagree” talk. What was that?!

When he heard nothing, he looked over his shoulder and frowned. Raiden was gone, and the God Haven seemed quieter without him. Maybe just a little – “Boring.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas