Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Shadowrun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 pm
Shadowrun is your pretty typical run of the mill FPS, except it allows for some really neat strategies. The game features a purchase system similar to counter strike's to buy magics and technologies that let you make a specialized character. These range from teleport/gliding for mobility, making a giant healing tree/ressurection for support, to summoning minions, and many others. Further adding on to this are the four selectable races.

What really seals the deal though is how cheap this game is now. New it's still about 30$, but I've seen it down to 12$ used at some gamestop. It also plays with people on the vista version of the game, which helps keep the online community going. The only real problem with it is it has no real single player mode, it's pretty much just a mulitplayer game.

tl;dr shadowrun is fun, strategic, and really cheap. if you want a multiplayer FPS with crazy spells and techs and whatnot, give it a try.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 am
Dwarf with minigun and glide FTW. Later upgrade to a sniper rifle and teleport if you can.  

Jonnnn

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:21 am
I love this game so much! My friend and I go with the two of us against varying amounts of bots on various difficulties to see how long we can last.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 pm
This is one of the most strategic FPS i have played. Just the possibilities of what might happen or what is going on the other team and trying to counter them.

I have played online a few times myself, unfortunately i did not earn any achievements online. I would like to get back on gold membership soon, once i secure and job and play with you guys. 3nodding

If i tank i will play a Troll with the System link and minigun xD, if not i would play an elf focusing on magic support such as supplying rez, trees of life, and pushing the enemy away.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 pm
JONNNN why use a dwarf with minigun and glide? because it's hard to hit the dwarf? otherwise he takes a significant movement loss from using the minigun, and if you dont have smartlink then you can't really spray it into a crowd if your allies are there  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:13 am
nitnit
JONNNN why use a dwarf with minigun and glide? because it's hard to hit the dwarf? otherwise he takes a significant movement loss from using the minigun, and if you dont have smartlink then you can't really spray it into a crowd if your allies are there

Dwarves and Trolls don't take the movement loss from the mini gun. It's never a big deal if you hit allies and it can be easily avoided - there's always a tree around. Plus, I mainly use it to glide up above the artifact and spray down incoming enemies.  

Jonnnn

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:36 am
Jonnnn
Dwarf with minigun and glide FTW. Later upgrade to a sniper rifle and teleport if you can.

Thats pretty much one of my friend's favorite combo.

I like Elves and Humans. I like combos of the SMG, Shotgun, and Rifle, and sometimes the Katana. For magic and tech, I like Gust and Strangle, Smartlink, Wired Reflexes, A.M.G. and sometimes the Glider.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:46 pm
I think a Shadowrun team should be formed out of GPL xD but thats just me. I mean it sounds fun and we can talk about strategies on what map and what roles are played best to win a match.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Alright, but I call being the achievement whore  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 am
Lol, I'd be in if you guys are! I thing guys who play online are usually rapists, but I'd be willing to give it a go.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:17 am
You thing guys who play online are rapists?

What does that even mean? Do you mean you "think" guys who play games online are rapists?

Well according to you the male population of the 20 million xbox live subscribers are rapists... not to mention all of the male gamers who play their wii's, PS3's, and most importantly PC's online.

lulz.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 pm
nitnit
Alright, but I call being the achievement whore

Noes! i call achievement whore 2nd in command gonk

I need other achievements other than those stupid campaign practice crap...  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 pm
nitnit
You thing guys who play online are rapists?

What does that even mean? Do you mean you "think" guys who play games online are rapists?

Well according to you the male population of the 20 million xbox live subscribers are rapists... not to mention all of the male gamers who play their wii's, PS3's, and most importantly PC's online.

lulz.

Lol, sorry I guess I should have specified. In the nerd nomenclature of my friends and I, a rapist, in reference to a game, is someone who is so good at a game that most players only last a couple of seconds against them in competitive play.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games