Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which did you like best?
  Twilight the movie!!
  No..the Book!! D:<
View Results

Ish Wicky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:41 pm
Which of the two are best? The novel Twilight by Stephanie Meyers..or the Twilight movie? I personally say that the Movie is way better.
The book seemed really dull in the beginning.
But what do you think?

User Image OR User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 am
i think that the book was WAY better than the movie! if you read the books first then you would probably agree with me. i dont not like the movie, but i think that they left out some really important details. so that's my opinion =D  

pixiemystic

Hilarious Genius

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 pm
pixiemystic
i think that the book was WAY better than the movie! if you read the books first then you would probably agree with me. i dont not like the movie, but i think that they left out some really important details. so that's my opinion =D

I agree with you. When you read a book first, you have all of these preconceived images and ideas about what everything and everyone is supposed to look like. When a movie is made and they cut out unnecessary scenes and cast actors who don't look like your own mental pictures, it feels like someone's come along and trampled your story. If you read the book first, you can never truly love the movie because it's not the same as what was envisioned in your mind. It's something different, foreign.

If you saw the movie first, it's easier to appreciate them as two separate entities. Because you don't have any expectations about what should and should not be included, you won't be overly critical. When you read a book second, it's easier to fit the movie into the mold of the book and vise versa. None of your imaginings are ruined in the process.

Personally, I like the books better. It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but Kristen's horrid acting ruined a large chunk of it for me. I like my own characters better, and we get to know more about them, as well. We see more of the relationship than just "I'm a vampire" and "Oh my gosh, I love you anyways!". I liked the extended story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 pm
The book was way better because the movie left out alot of stuff. For instance, Edward has a black leather sofa in the book. And they cut the intire lab scene where Edward carrys Bella to the nurses office.  

twilightnerd96

ceebeedubs

Devout Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:29 pm
pixiemystic

The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games