Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Gonna take you for a ride!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 am
I know there's already a topic, but this pertains only to xbox live users since the PSN version isn't out for a couple more weeks...

has anyone else gotten marvel vs. capcom 2...?! and who would like to play...!?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:32 pm
I played the demo, and noticed that there are 56 characters in the roster (I always like to have options). I have the points right now, but there's some DLC I want to get, and since I took my girlfriend out today, my money is spent for now. I plan on getting it, just not at the moment.  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 am
90% of the players online choose a spammy Cable. I assume they get away with it because I suck, but it's really irritating.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:36 am
Jonnnn
90% of the players online choose a spammy Cable. I assume they get away with it because I suck, but it's really irritating.

Thats funny because I was playing as him in the demo and thought "Its so easy to projectile spam with this guy."  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 pm
Jonnnn

What? I just played 10 games in a row, won 70% and I was the only person who used cable. All 10 were against different people. In those games Spiderman was the most frequently occurring character, followed by wolverine.

Just because I beat you 6 times in a row and had a spammy cable on my team doesn't mean everyone does. Also, most people know how to block, especially against supers, lol.

In actuality arguably the most powerful team is storm/sentinal/magneto, but you have to know how to do magneto's infinite.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 am
nitnit
Jonnnn

What? I just played 10 games in a row, won 70% and I was the only person who used cable. All 10 were against different people. In those games Spiderman was the most frequently occurring character, followed by wolverine.

Just because I beat you 6 times in a row and had a spammy cable on my team doesn't mean everyone does. Also, most people know how to block, especially against supers, lol.

In actuality arguably the most powerful team is storm/sentinal/magneto, but you have to know how to do magneto's infinite.

Because anecdotal stuff will be the same with all players? I'm not just talking about you, the majority of players that I played online chose Cable - usually as a starter. I rarely see spiderman either but Wolverine is fairly common.

In actuality, the tiers are based on tournament level players who are using each character to their full potential. I almost never see a magneto or storm - and most people would stay away from that team for the same reason people refused to use skarmblisscresschomp  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 am
Jonnnn

Jonnnn

Because anecdotal stuff will be the same with all players? I'm not just talking about you, the majority of players that I played online chose Cable - usually as a starter. I rarely see spiderman either but Wolverine is fairly common.

You clearly used anecdotal evidence to say that 90% of all players choose a spammy cable. I was simply doing the same thing as you

Also, most players don't know anything about tiers, or insist that they don't exist. This game has been out for 9 years, so it's kind of hard to debate that M/S/S is not the best - skarm/bliss/cress/chomp wasn't even that great, only garchomp was.

And yes, like I said earlier, the team only works if you know magneto's infinite, so I'm not even really sure what you're trying to argue here...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:11 am
nitnit
Jonnnn

Jonnnn

You clearly used anecdotal evidence to say that 90% of all players choose a spammy cable. I was simply doing the same thing as you

Also, most players don't know anything about tiers, or insist that they don't exist. This game has been out for 9 years, so it's kind of hard to debate that M/S/S is not the best - skarm/bliss/cress/chomp wasn't even that great, only garchomp was.

And yes, like I said earlier, the team only works if you know magneto's infinite, so I'm not even really sure what you're trying to argue here...

You're not understanding the point, but that's okay. I never said that m/s/s was not the best, just that it's not the most used from what I've seen. I'm just wondering why you're debating an anecdotal remark.  

Jonnnn

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm
This thread is now about...

User Image

Anyone getting the General Mills and Post DLC?

I can't decide if I want to main Lucky/Akuma/Tony. Lucky has good support and speed, but he doesn't do well against projectiles. Tony has that Tiger Uppercut that has just enough invincibility frames to cut through Count Chocula's Coco-Blast, has an outrageous hitbox and it can start juggling easily, but if you miss your pretty much ******** team are you guys using?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:26 pm
Well, in a tournament the game is actually called Magneto versus Sentinel, Starring Storm.

lulz  

nitnit
Captain

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:06 pm
god damnit I wish I had it for the PS2.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items