Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Game of the Year editions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 am
Well soon i can say i will be playing Fallout 3 again, including all of the DLC! And for a reasonable price to boot. Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is coming out and i think i will just trade in my original copy to get all the DLC. It all comes down to 30 bucks + tax 3nodding . Now there's a bargain if you ask me. 30 or 50 dollars on DLC?

But here is what i would like to know. If GotY editions include all the DLC and for a regular price vs getting the game when it launches? Should you wait, buy the game anyways, or upgrade to GotY down the line?

side note: nitnit cant really complain now since this is all bundled for 59.95(regular retail price) xD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 pm
If I hadn't known antyhing about Fallout 3 before it came out, I probably could have waited. But considering everything I knew about the came before it came out/all the footage I saw, I'm glad I got it the day of release. Paying for DLC wasn't terrible I guess, since there hasn't been much to come out this yearthat's really caught my attention, and all of the packs met or exceeded my expectations.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:27 am
They did a similar thing with oblivion, which I picked up recently for 30$, comes with the full original game + the 20$ shivering isle DLC and the 5$ (or maybe 10$) knights of the nine DLC.

I never had a problem with Fallout 3 vanilla's content ratio to price - it definitely is much, much better than most games for content to price, I just didn't like the price of the DLCs.

So yes, this is a good way for bethesda to keep people buying fallout 3, the only downside here is that it's a slap in the face to anyone who buys the DLCs for 10$ each, lulz  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games