Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Oh EA...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 pm
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3564

Discuss:

- Why people dislike EA, and to a relatively lesser extent Microsoft and EA

- Why the hell Bethesda wasn't on that list for me...! Though EA is a close second and Microsoft third  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 am
nitnit

- Why the hell Bethesda wasn't on that list for me...! Though EA is a close second and Microsoft third

Because a lot of people like Bethesda? I mean I know a lot of gamers, and the only ones (other than you of course) that didn't like Bethesda were three of my firends who owned PS3s and copies of Fallout 3 who weren't able to get the DLC.  

Haratio TaFotter

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:32 am
I simply just hate EA because of them implementing SecuRom on their PC games. But their games are good, despite some glitches and bugs in some games.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:12 am
Not sure why people are bashing EA. Sure they release lots of crappy games in the past but i see it going away. They are not the top publishing company anymore.

What they are doing now though is helping independent developers be able to publish their games so we can enjoy a new experience in a game. Lately there are alot of sequels being made and independent developers have IPs that would be succsesful. EA is now helping them create their content and marketing their game. I mean can EA be that bad if Valve didnt want to be apart of the Vivendi Activition merge?

To me EA = Oppurtuninty.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:20 pm
lol?

People hate EA because....

- They buy out classic game series and destroy them / do nothing with them
- They have next to no quality assurance - sure occasionally a good game slips in here and there, but most of it is crap
- They charge people for pointless DLCs like content for Sims 3 that should have been in the game, and costume changes for characters
- They load up their games with anti piracy software that ends up hurting people who legitimately buy their games
- They try to buy out the world - example, when they bought the rights to NFL games.

There are others too.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am
Activision/Blizzard is 3rd on that list? I hope it's not the Blizzard half people hate... I've always known Blizzard as a company devoted to making quality games.

EA being first by a landslide... That I can understand.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Cloud Varis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:08 pm
Aside from the nice list two posts above me, they've been known to buy out competition only to shut them down, so their games were more "unique." They're not the only company who does this, but it really irks the fans when companies pull that kind of crap.
On top of that, if something makes money, they churn out sequels as fast as they can, turning things that start out good into nothing more than cash cows. For instance, Guitar Hero? I haven't even played the latest one and they're already trying to push the next one through. I wish they would have never acquired the rights to Guitar Hero.

Edit: Darkslasher, it's definitely the "Activision" part of the name. A lot of people dislike Activision, including many Blizzard fans.
Also... I'm not sure what Valve not wanting to be part of that merger has to do with anything. They parted ways with Vivendi, had some success, and made some deals with EA. Is it so weird that they wouldn't want to be part of Vivendi again..? What they have going works, so why fix it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 pm
I really frickin' hope they send out SecuRom free patches for all their infected games because it really frickin' pisses me off.  

KRaZyAmmo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:44 pm
They won't, they're too oblivious to the fact that DRM INCREASES PIRACY. Just like how blizzard not putting LAN in starcraft 2 to prevent piracy will INCREASE PIRACY since pirates will add LAN to the game, guaranteed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:59 am
Eventually PC games may just go to streaming games through a server. Hopefully that won't happen.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 pm
That'd be unrealistic for the smaller companies  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am
That actually may become reality in a few years. It all depends on if we decide to buy that junk that we can't physically own.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces