Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
CAN MUSLIMS PLAY PIANO?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaTsuKi98

Brainy Combatant

10,225 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 am
Oo  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:57 am
tats...  

xXx_White_Crow_xXx

xxDash-Shinxx

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 am
My Dear, I think it's haram...

According to
http://www.funadvice.com/q/islam_111711

Music is Haraam

References within the context of the Holy Qur`aan along with the Hadith of the Prophet Sallalahu alihi wa sallam (Peace be upon him) confirm that music is haraam.
Interpreters of the Qur`aan have defined the term `lahwal hadith` which is mentioned in the Qur`aan as:

1) Singing and listening to songs.
2) Purchasing of male and female singers.
3) Purchase of instruments of fun and amusement.

When Sayyidana Abdullah Ibne Mas`ood radiyallahu Anhu (Allah be pleased with him), a very close companion of our Prophet Sallalahu alihi wa sallam (Peace be upon him) was asked about the meaning of the term `lahwal hadith`, he replied
“I swear by Him besides whom there is no other God,that it refers to ghinaa (singing ).”

This statement, he repeated three times. This view is unanimously supported by the four Khalifas, the eminent Sahabaah, Tabi`een, the four Imaams and other reliable Islaamic scholars and authorities.

One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, further confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :
`There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`

Detailed analysis of the arabic word `ma`aazif ` shows that it refers to musical instruments, the sounds of those musical instruments and singing with the accompaniment of instruments.

Closer analysis of the wordings of the Hadith establishes the prohibition of music. Firstly, the words `seek to make lawful ` shows that music is not permissible, as logically one can only seek to make lawful that which is not allowed. Secondly, if music was not prohibited, then it would not have been brought within the same context as fornication and wine-drinking.

Muslims are aware that nothing has been prohibited by Allah except that which is harmful to the welfare of a Muslim individual and the society as a whole. The divine attribute behind the prohibition of music can be comprehended by looking into the diverse influence music can have.

Experiments carried out by doctors and professors have confirmed that the music of today is such that it does not only affect the brain, but each and every organ of one`s body. There is a close relationship between music and bodily movements. We find that people listening to music automatically start tapping their fingers and feet, as if the music is permeating in their blood.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm
no  

I blinxs I

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

neko86

Aged Cat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:18 pm
in my opinion...
Piano is one of the string instrument - if according to a saying (hadith probably, i forgot, sorry), "avoid string instruments ", it should be avoided..

but learning to play instrument, wether strings or beating, it depends on the learner, or the player..

For example, i do recall during the times of muslim glory, a muslim mathematician & artist (sorry, i forgot his name, sweatdrop ) used 'guitar' (i forgot the real name of the instrument) to teach the meaning of true love to their listener.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 pm
i think we should get oppinian from a better person
confused question exclaim  

iqa_10

osama bakhai

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 am
Xsatsuki98X
Oo

yes they cn  
osama bakhai rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:49 am
yes many doo....... biggrin biggrin  

osama bakhai

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:47 am
Guitar, piano is wrong.

Use drums for music only smile  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff