Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
AwesomeMod

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 pm
AwesomeMod is a creation by Pescado, the owner of MATY (moreawesomethanyou)

It allows you to tweak how lots of the game functions actually work and improves a lot of the irritating stuff.

I haven't used it myself as I don't own Sims 3 (yet) but I know that it is extremely popular and from reading what it does I will 100% be getting it when I eventually get the game (and a machine to run it on)

For more in depth details, how to install it and the ability to customise some options to your preference, follow the below link.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 am
Please note that awesomemod is in beta and can cause crashes. It adds a ton of functionality to the game, but can be more of a hassle for players who don't want to spend time clearing cache files, backing up games, and checking for awesomemod updates.

Also, if you think you want to try Supreme Commander function, totally back up your saves somewhere else on the computer before installing it - once you enable SC, you can never disable it and be able to play your game.  

thatsimmergirl

PyroLillyoftheMoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm
Actually the thing only lasts in your game for about 3 days and then it vanishes and you can not reinstall it  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:37 pm
What 'thing' is that?
I've been using AM for aaaages now and the only issue I have is having to wait for it to be updated each time there is a new EP/patch.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items