Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] World Adventures Pack Thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 pm
I think it's unfair for me to make comparison, since I don't have Sims 2 first expansion pack nor any Sims 2 expansions as well as the The Sims 2 core game. But I think this first expansion maybe a good start not that impressive yet.... I've heard many who has no problems with it, while also many others who has lots of problems with it installed (like disappearing of sims, Customized content deleted... and so on). I've also heard the loading is back, for me I never played The Sims 2 nor any expansions that need loading screen in The Sims original game... so that is a put off for me.

What do you guys and girls think of World Adventure? Say if enough money to buy this, or get The Sims 2 double deluxe?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 am
Yes, has anyone actually played it yet?

I'm considering buying it (:  

mis_3a

12,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sweet KottonKandy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:33 am
I have the game.

1. The Custom content issues is usually because they didn't go back to check to see if the CC they are using supports the WA expansion - I had a few that didn't * crying *

2. There is ALOT more detail that I can see [Keep in mind The Sims 3 is my very first Sims game], It gave alot more options as to what to do and honestly I can never run out of things to do being how you can explore endless dungeons/tombs.

The first time i saw a mummy my sim went crazy with fright that it made her pass out which was pretty hilarious to me

I do notice that more into the game I get, the laggier it gets from all the loading it needs to do.

If you have ever played a MMO, your pretty used to the loading screens of teleporting and that is basically what your doing - tele'ing from lets say Riverview to Egypt and back. or w/e

I also like the fact that you DONT have to take everyone in your household with you, you can leave them behind and just concentrate on one person at a time - and time freezes while you are away, so when you get back - it's like you never left. So you can continue on with what you was doing in your own home town.

I dunno, other then the lagginess, I say it was well worth my money. Of course, I wasn't really tired of The Sims 3 yet when I bought it.. I just wanted to get the free loot lol  
The Sims 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff